Chapter Forty-Two: I'm Coming, Laura

We all gathered in the Med Bay. I was standing behind Ralph, one arm wrapped around his shoulders while my opposite hand ran through his hair.

"What the heck was that stuff?" He asked.

"Looks like Axel created some sort of super acid."

"It's got a PH level in the negative fifties, and all it did is burn through your skin?" harry asked.

"Gosh, if it were anybody else, it would melt like through them like xenomorph blood."

"Like in..."

"Alien." Cisco told him.

"It's 'Aliens'."

"But you said my cells were polymerized."

"No-" Harry started. 

"You said nothing could hurt them."

"Disney, I didn't say that, I said your cells were bonded unlike anything I've ever seen. I've never seen acid like this, and so, cannot be responsible for things I have never seen."

"It definetly hurts."

"Well, now we know what your kryptonite is." Iris said.

"What the heck is kryptonite?"

"What?"

"Oh, come on."

"Guys, it doesn't exist on this earth, remember?" I asked.

"Oh. Oh, yeah."

"You think I'm gonna heal?" Ralph asked.

"Eventually."

"Probably." Caitlin and Harry said together.

"Probably."

"Well, you know..."

"I thought I was indestructible."

"You still are, for the most part." I pointed out.

"So Caitlin, you can treat the wound and manage the pain, right?" Iris asked.

"As needed."

"Ok, well the most important thing is that you safe. Ralph-" She put a hand down on his food and he cringed. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry.  Um, Axel's still out there, we should track him down. Um...oh my gosh." She turned, leaving the room.

"This might sting a little." I grabbed Ralph's hand as she put antiseptic on the burn. He cringed.

~~~

Ralph changed clothes and we sat in a corner of the Cortex while Cisco and Harry worked on tracking Axel.

"Are you ok?" I asked, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Is that a stupid question?"

"I thought I couldn't get hurt." He said. I nodded.

"I know. But still, you are still immune to ninety-percent of things that could hurt you. It could be worse, I mean...I'm susceptible to all of them and I get hurt all of the time." He shot me a look. "Was that not helpful?"

The monitor flashed on again and Trickster appeared on the screen.

"Here we go."We both stood up, walking over to the screens with everyone else.

"Hello again, Central City. It's time for the exciting new game show,  'Wheel of Misfortune', with prizes so amazing, you'll think you died. And if you play your cards right, you just might. He's your host, the murderous matriarch, Prank!" 

The curtain opened to reveal a psychotic blonde woman wrapped in leather, just like her son.

"What do we have in store for tonight?"

What Brings Us Together (A Ralph Dibny/ The Flash Fan-Fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें