Chapter Thirty-One: I Hate Nazis

I stood in the front of the church, tugging at my dress.

"Stop fidgeting, you look great." Felicity whispered in my ear.

"I don't usually show this much skin. The shoulders and the...other parts, I'm highly uncomfortable." I whispered back.

"Your boyfriend is cute, now that I can actually see his face."

"He's not my boyfriend." I found him sitting in the middle on Barry's side. I noticed he kept glancing uncomfortably at Captain Singh, who was sitting a few rows away from him. He looked up to see me watching him and I smiled. He smiled back.

"Which I can totally see by the way you're looking at him right now." She said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at her. 

"This is deflecting, isn't it? From what happened last night?" Her smile fell.

"Maybe...maybe a little." I nodded.

"In that case...deflect away. But he's not my boyfriend. Not quite yet." the instruments started playing, and Kara walked up to the microphone. I now know what that favor was that Barry asked.

"Can't say how the days will unfold. Can't change what the future may hold. But I want you in it, every hour, every minute." The doors opened revealing Joe and Iris. Iris looked absolutely gorgeous. I glanced over at Barry to see that he had tears in his eyes. I don't blame him. He's been waiting for this girl since he was ten. "This world can race by far too fast. Hard to see while it's all flying past but it's clear now you're standing here now. I am meant to be wherever you are next to me. All I wanna do, is come running home to you. Come running home to you." Iris got to the front, and Kara sped through the song to the ending point. She handed her bouquet to Caitlin, and I could already feel the tears welling up in my eyes. Joe kissed Iris on the cheek and rubbed Barry' shoulders.

"I wish you parents were here to see this."

"They are."

"Please, be seated," The minister said, "Welcome to you all. I'm honored to be presiding over the wedding of Barry Allen and Iris West. Although I don't know them well, I know that this is a good match. How do I know that? Well, because of you, because of all of you. Looking out at their friends and their family...and seeing the joy on all your faces, seeing how happy you are for them tells me everything I need to know. It tells me that these two people deserve to be together. They deserve to be happy and fulfilled. And they deserve a long life together. And now to the standard housekeeping. Does anyone have just cause why these two should not be married? Speak now, or forever hold your peace." Suddenly a blue laser shot out of nowhere and the priest dissolved into nothing. Everyone got up, looking around just as a fleet of black and red-clad soldiers burst through the back doors. At the front of the group resided three figures, one flying above them all, and the other two on the ground. They had masks on, so we couldn't see who they were.

"Peace is overrated." The flying girl said in a deep modified voice.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me." Iris said.

"Nazi's?" Oliver asked.

"I hate Nazi's." He and Kara said together. They started shooting and everyone jumped into action. I made a force field around the front of the stage and Barry caught the bullets from the guns before they could get to us. Stein and Jefferson morphed into Firestorm before our very eyes and Kara ripped her glasses off of her face.

"Get everybody out of here!" 

"You two, go get 'em out, ok?" Barry instructed Wally and I. Ralph fought through the crowd, standing by my side.

"Help us get everybody out." I whispered. He nodded. I stated making forcefields to separate the guests from the shooters and Wally started running some of them outside, while the others were pushed out the door by Ralph's outstretched arms. Once everyone was outside, I placed a force field around them, one to ensure their safety, and two to ensure that they wouldn't run away. I figured we'd have to do some recon, considering we just exposed the identities of Supergirl, Skyrocket, the Flash, Vibe, and Killer Frost all at the same time. I felt someone's back press up against mine and looked over my shoulder to see Ralph. "What are you doing?" 

"You're protecting them from the bullets and I'm protecting you." He explained. I nodded. "Beautiful day for a wedding, huh?"

"Yeah, no kidding." More people filtered out the doors and I let all of them into the force field. Joe came up beside us and I looked up to see Supergirl and the evil chick doing some Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows crap with their heat vision. I watched as Kara was hurled through one of the stain glass windows and the other girl followed her. Then, all of a sudden there was this bright light from inside the church and everything went still.

~~~

We all reported back to STAR Labs to catch up on what the game plan was. I was wearing Ralph's suit jacket, and we were standing with Barry and Iris in the middle of the cortex when Joe and Wally came in.

"So what's the game plan?" Wally asked.

"There is none yet," Barry stated, "Whoever attacked us knows who we are so I think you three should just get Joe and Cecile as far away as possible."

"What?" I asked.

"No way man, I have to help out, come on."

"You're helping by keeping our family safe," Barry reasoned, "And Laura, you're already injured. We can't risk your recovery taking any longer than it already is, because we might need you with DeVoe." I nodded. "Ralph, you're just not trained enough yet to deal with this."

"Hey, no arguments here." Ralph told him.

"Until we know what these people want," Joe added, "Nobodies safe."

"I know where we can go," I said. "My parents have a place about half way between here and Star City."

"Is it well known?" Barry asked. I shook my head. "Alright. I guess, head there." I nodded.

"We can take my car." Joe told us. I nodded.

"Ok, let's do it."