Chapter Fifty-Five: Beginner's Luck

We managed to get Izzy back to STAR Labs, where Caitlin and Cisco were scanning her.

"So you're tellin' me that this three-foot-tall chick that tried to kill me is actually this Clifford DeVoe?" Izzy questioned.

"Basically." I replied.

"One-hundred percent dude." Cisco threw in.

"DeVoe is transferring his consciousness to the other bodies of all the other people who were on the bus and got their powers with you.

"Wait, this-this little girl wants my body?" Caitlin nodded.

"That's why we're trying to protect you." Barry told her. "DeVoe's already taken most of his targets." He gestured towards the Victim board.

"No. This Ain't happenin, not now. I only got my powers recently. And now it's like I got a deeper connection to my music than I've ever had. I'm about to record the rest of my new album, I'm about to go on tour-"

"Your album is going to have to wait." I told said. "This threat is very real-"

"So is my big break. Do you have any idea how hard I've had to work for this? I left my home. I've lost friends, and good men, and I have put up with more crap than you could imagine so that one day I would get my dream. And now you're telling me that some pint-sized lunatic is just gonna take it all away?"

"What good is that work going to be if your dead?" I questioned. "We want you to stay here at STAR Labs."

"What, so ya'll are gonna protect me?" I shook my head.

 "We're gonna train you." Barry said.

"We are?" Ralph, Cisco and I asked in unison.

"Hey powers weakened DeVoe. Izzy, that makes you our best shot at stopping him."

"No, no, this-this is all too much. I don't even know who you people are."

"We don't have time for this." Barry went to pull his mask off.

"Flash!" Iris scolded. He did it anyway.

"You're that guy from before." She pointed out.

"Yeah, Barry Allen."

"And so are you two, aren't you?" She pointed to us, and Ralph and I both took our masks off.

"Yeah. Ralph. Ralph Dibny."

"Laura Wilson," I stated, "or Little-miss Attitude as you so lovingly put it."

"I'm uh, Cisco. Cisco Ramon. It's nice to meet you." He shook her hand.

"Ok, thank you. Look, look, I-I don't need training. Especially from you." She looked at me for that last part. "All I need is my life back." She stalked into the hallway.

"I don't know guys, I kinda feel like if I just followed her into that hallway and gave her one of those 'Hey, Look' inspirational talks, I could probably get her to stay." Ralph said.

"Then what are you still doing here?" Cisco asked.

"Sorry, I don't know if you, like, drew straws for this stuff or something-'

"No, Go!"

"Ok." He followed her and I shook my head, not liking the idea of him talking to her alone.

"I'm just gonna...go to the bathroom." I followed behind him, creeping silently down the hallway until I could hear their voices.

"Look, Izzy, I know how you're feeling," Ralph's voice said, "That day that you got your powers, I was on the same bus. So that evil chipmunk, she wants to kill me, too."