Chapter Forty-Eight: Evasive Maneuvers

So, the bazooka didn't work, and the three of us were still trying to keep ourselves occupied. Caitlin and Harry were by the marker board, whispering about something, and I was sat on a bench next to Cisco.

"Something's wrong." I muttered, watching Harry and Caitlin.

"My guess, the bazooka made us unstable on a cellular level." I nodded.

"Oh, is that all? Fantastic."

"Guys?" Ralph called to them.

"What?" harry asked, turning around.

"Guys? Guys"

"What!?" Harry slammed his hands down on the table, causing the whole thing to shake.

"Little Ralphie needs to use the little boys room."

"Why does your boyfriend insist on talking like a three year old?" Cisco muttered. "And didn't you just go?"

"My bladder is literally the size of a hummingbird's right now. Come on, Caitlin. Help a wee fellow take a wee-wee?" Caitlin pointed at herself with wide eyes.

"Me?"

"I'm not touching him." Harry said.

"Fine. I'll take you there, but you have to find your own way out."

"Thank you." She picked up him, carrying him out of the room.

"Could've just gone in the bushes."

"The bushes are plastic. That's disgusting." I pointed out. Cisco stood up, putting his hands in his pockets.

"The embiggening bazooka made us unstable, didn't it?"

"Yeah. No, what? No!" Harry denied."Wh-why would you say that?"

"I can see it all over your face."

"What?"

"Your face is gigantic right now," I pointed out, "It's like watching your emotions on IMAX."

"Yeah. Yeah, this...this was supposed to be an easy 'W', alright? An easy victory. All we had to do was capture Rundine, we couldn't even do that for Allen."

"Ok, so you tried." Cisco pointed out.

"Yeah, and I failed, because I'm stupid, alright? Too stupid to help Allen's friend, too stupid to fix you guys, or too stupid to stop DeVoe." I shook my head, shooting a force field at him. "Ow! What, what was that for?"

"I'd smack you upside the head if I was big enough." I told him. "Look, Harry, I know this a new thing for you, facing someone that you can't outsmart, but the only thing that makes you stupid is you thinking that you are stupid. You're the one that keeps saying that with DeVoe there is no coincidences. I think it'd be pretty darn convenient for one of the smartest men in the world to suddenly think he's an idiot." He nodded. "So why don't you take a step back, get out of your own way, and unshrink us."

"You weren't shrunk, ok?! That's not how his powers work, his powers..." He trailed off and I smiled. "...work by not just removing the space between the atoms, but also taking out the gravity particles and the dark energy, so that when he embiggens an object..."

"He's refilling it with the same combination of energy he extracted." Cisco added.

"Yes."

"Harry, if you want to fix us,"

"We need to put you back in Rundine's line of fire." I smirked. "You know, Laura, I know we have our differences, but you are really good at this pep-talk thing. Keep up the good work."

~~~

"What do you mean we only have twenty minutes until we explode?" Ralph questioned.

"Actually," Caitlin corrected, "It's only eighteen minutes until your equilibrium totally destablizes. ."

"You're gonna blow up in under twenty minutes, unless we re-expose you to Rundine's energy blasts, ok?" Iris came in.

"Ok, so facial recognition just picked him up at Weather Services Airfield. I think he's trying to skip town."

"Ok, I'm gonna stay here and try to figure out a cure." Caitlin told us.

~~~

"Ramon, Laura, remember, when Rundine tries to shrink the van, you've got to get in the path of his blast. Do you understand?"

"Yes, sir." I replied. Ralph and Cisco were flying a drone into the hanger, and I was flying beside of it.

"Copy that, we're heading into the hanger now." Rundine looked right at us.

"Uh, guys? I think he sees us." Ralph stated.

"You're not getting big again." He looked up and saw the van, reaching into his pocket and chucking a car at them, which returned to full size mid-air. Iris and Harry came out with the boot guns, and he tossed a yellow humvee at Iris.

"Harry, try flanking him, we're gonna come around on the other side." Cisco said.

"Copy that." A helicopter came flying towards the drone.

"Evasive maneuvers, evasive maneuvers!" Ralph yelled.

"I know, I'm doing it."

"Oh boy." Harry jumped out of the way, and Cisco just narrowly avoided being crushed by the helicopter. Since I was harder to see, I used the helicopter as a distraction for me to fly up behind Rundine and even land on his shoulder. Through his many layers of clothing, he couldn't even feel me there. He reached into his pocket, and when he started embiggening his gun, I flew down and touched his hand, returning to normal size.

"Ha! Would you look at that?!" I exclaimed. This idiot somehow still hadn't noticed me, which gave me plenty of time to change into my suit that I had brought along. The gun finished growing to reveal a bazooka, but I created a force field and threw it, knocking the gun from his hand.

"What the-" He looked at me. "Where did you come from?"

"Laura, how did you get big again?!" Cisco asked.

"Stealth." I replied.

"Snow, tell me you got somethin'."

"The cure's not done yet. Only one minute till they go nuclear." I got distracted by this and turned around, only to have something very hard smash into the side of my head.

"Laura, you said stealth embiggened you, right?" Harry asked.

"Yeah. What are you thinking, Doc?" I asked, holding the side of my aching head. Rundine was walking over to the helicopter wreck.

"Plan B."  I watched as Harry fired off a couple of shots, and I got up and started making my way around the helicopter, ready to incapacitate him once the boys were back to normal.

"I'm gonna shrink you down to the subatomic level, boy."

"Oh is that right?" Harry asked. "I'd like to see you try." He fired, and Harry deflected the blast to his shirt pocket, which shot out a fully grown Cisco Ramon and Ralph Dibny. I took the opportunity now to knock him down with a force field and clamp some cuffs on him before he could retaliate. I yanked him to his feet, looking at the boys, when I felt a fist come in contact with the side of my face. I fell and saw something in the corner of my eye before I realized what was happening.

Ralph had literally run across the room, and was now currently wailing on Rundine, sitting on top of him and punching him repeatedly.

"Ralph! Ralph!" I grabbed his arm, yanking him off of Rundine. He looked at me, and the angry look in his eyes started to fade. 

"Sorry...sorry." The police car pulled up and I pulled Ralph back away from Rundine. I had never seen him do anything like that before.