Chapter Eighteen: Welcome To The Party

"They're not picking up." Iris reported as we walked back into STAR Labs.

"What the heck just happened?" Cecile asked. "Who was that Medusa man?"

"You know that is not a Cisco approved name."

"Don't worry about who that was," Killer Frost told us, "Caitlin's taste in clothes is matched only by her taste in men-both terrible."

"Wait, how are you even here right now? Caitlin told us she was cured." I asked. Killer Frost put a suitcase on the table, unzipping it.

"Caitlin shouldn't be keeping secrets from her friends. You are friends, right?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Your friend was going out of town tonight." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What, why?" Iris asked. 

"Because, she got herself into something she couldn't handle."

"Where are you going?" Ceceile asked.

"To find Norvock's boss and to kill her."

"And you need a change of clothes for that because-" Killer Frost pulled Caitlin's sweater over her head. "Whoa, whoa, apparently she doesn't have boundary issues!" Felicity said, turning around quickly.

"Uh, ok, girls can I talk to you in the Cortex?" We all went out into the Cortex, shutting the door behind us.

"Can we take it back for a minute? Since when did her superpowers make her a super villian?" Felicity asekd.

"She's not a super villian." I argued.

"I remember being kidnapped by her last year." Ceceile argued.

"What?"

"Ok, yes, but that is because she was being manipulated by Savitar, and in the end we wouldn't have been able to stop him without her." Iris pointed out. "Look, I know that there is some good in there.'

"I get it. Technically, Caitlin is underneath all of that somewhere, but she is still dangerous. "

"And she is also our friend, and we can't just abandon our team member." I whispered.

"Fine. I'm coming with you."

"No, Cecile, you're pregnant."

"And your father will kill me if you get killed at your own bachelorette party."

"That is some crazy logic and that means I'm in too."

"Oh great, happy bachelorette."

"No, as the only other person with superpowers here, I say it's too dangerous, which means none of you are going anywhere!" I hissed.

"What are you all talking about?" Killer Frost asked, coming into the room.

"Oh nothing, you know, just talking about how cool it is to kill people and such. No pun intended!" Felicity said nervously. 

"It's been real, ladies." She said before leaving.

"I'm gonna use the STAR Labs Satellite to track her cold signature." Felicity said.

"Great, I'm gonna try and call for backup again." Iris stated.

"And I'll remember that it's Caitlin under there." Ceceile told us.

"And I'll go try to figure out a way to avoid getting us all killed." I muttered to myself. "This is gonna be fun."

~~~

The Satellite lead us to some sketchy underground rave, and despite my protestations, Felicity, Iris, and Ceceile all decided to come with me.

"Alright, are you think they're gonna be able to tell that we don't exactly fit in here?" Felicity asked. 

"Well it was your idea to wear boas, so no."

"Plus if the obvious super hero costume doesn't give it away, I don't know what will." I pointed out.

"Have we heard from the guys yet?" Ceceile questioned.

"No. Look ladies, we are on our own, ok?"

"How about a little love." A guy said with a creepy glowing vial in a tiny plastic bag.

'No! No, no, no, no, no love." Felicity said.

"Engaged." Iris told him.

"Bye now." I said, pushing him away from us.

"Is it just me, or does it seem like everybody here already bought what that guy is selling?" Ceceile pointed out. I looked around to see everyone drinking the glowing liquid he had in the bag.

"Oh boy. This isn't just an underground rave, it's an underground drug party. Great." I said sarcastically. I looked up to see Norvock going through a door. "Guys, stay here. I think I found Frost." I walked over to the door, peering through a gap. I saw a woman in black with a braided ponytail, a scrawny shirtless guy chained to the ceiling, Norvock, and Killer Frost.

"Three weeks ago, this young man became a meta-human, and I acquired my new favorite product to sell in my network. Did you notice?" THe woman asked in a foreign accent. "Love is quite literally in the air."

Love. That's the drug that guy was selling. It came from this Meta somehow.

"Do you know why?" Frost didn't answer. "Oh." The woman brought her leg up, kicking the poor guy really hard in the chest. He groaned, looking up at her. There was a glowing teardrop in his eye. The dude literally cries drugs. These things never cease to surprise me. She wiped it off with her finger and inhaled the glowing substance into her nose. "Pure."

"His tears are a drug?" Killer Frost asked.

"His tears my dear, are a gold mine. One taste, and Central City will be hooked."

"Then why do you need me?"

"Really? Well if I'm going to be selling something quite valuable, then I'm going to need protection."

"That's what you've got good ole Snake-eye for."

"A deal like this requires a lady's touch, in your case, strength, and I'll cut you in for ten percent. Fifteen percent and I throw in not killing you right now for you misguided rebellion. And that is only because I've got forgiveness in my kidneys, right?"

"I think you meant heart." Frost shot back.

"No, there's no beat-beat in this chest, sister."

"As much fun as it is to play 'I'm the bigger B.A.' I'm bored. And like I said...I'm done."

"Do you know what everyone's mistake in business is? Hmm? Not realizing who has the power in the room." Suddenly, the bag of scrap metal beside the woman started shaking, and Killer Frost held up a hand which was smoking. 

"Oh boy, ok, stop, stop, stop!" I said, coming out of my hiding place. "Let's put the Meta abilities down, shall we?"

"Skyrocket! Welcome to the party!" The woman told me.

"Hi. Well, I hate to break this to you, but a Meta fight will infact destroy you club, and has the potential to hurt everyone in there and that is very bad for business."

"I have to admit, the hero has a point." I turned to Killer Frost.

"Let's go. Frost, let's go." She put her hand down, the metal stopped vibrating and Killer Frost and I left.