Chapter Forty-One: You Make It Sound Like A Disease

I woke up to my phone going off. I sat up, looking for it and grabbing it, pressing it to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked groggily. 

"Laura? It's Joe. We've got a situation, I need you to get here ASAP." I nodded.

"Will do. I'll be there shortly."

"Yeah. And you're responsible for bringing your boyfriend too." I hung up, putting my phone down and running a hand through my hair. Then I saw the black fabric that coated my arm, and realized where I was.

I was still on the roof of STAR Labs. Ralph was beside me, laying on the picnic blanket, also fast asleep. The candles were all blown out by now, and the rose petals had flown off of the roof.

"Ralph. Ralph." I lightly shoved his side and he woke up.

"Laura..." His eyes widened and he bolted up, realizing where we were.

"We fell asleep." I told him. He looked at me and then we both started laughing.  "We're also expected downstairs. There's a situation apparently." He nodded. "Oh gosh, my hair is probably a mess, isn't it?"

"Oh, here." He held up a hand, and suddenly his index finger was a small comb. He put a hand on my shoulder and combed through my hair quickly. "Ok, that was seriously the best thing I've ever seen." He smiled. I took of his jacket, handing it to him and then jumped down through the hole.

~~~

Axel Walker, AKA The Trickster JR had escaped prison with the help of his mother.

"Her name is Zoey Clark. "

"James Jesse had a girlfriend?" Iris asked.

"Yeah, she called herself Prank. Back in the day, she was Bonnie to Jesse's Clyde. No matter what, whether it was attempted murder, arson, robbery, she was always by his side." Cisco pulled up some newspaper articles on the screen.

"Man, what were people wearing back then!"

"Zoey Clark was the beneficiary to Clark Toys empire. "

"Not much of an empire, all those stores closed twenty years ago." Joe pointed out.

"Looks like she has bachelor's degrees in arts, applied sciences, as well as a Master's in chemistry. " Caitlin informed us.

"Trickster and Prank were responsible for a series of terrorist attacks across Central City, including the destruction of the Gadzooka Bubblegum company."

"Huh. I always wondered why my favorite gum suddenly disappeared in the Nineties. "

"We have it on my earth." Harry pointed out.

"You do not."

"I just said we did."

"You do not." Cisco repeated.

"We do."

"Anyway, after Jesse was arrested, she disappeared, she's been a fugitive ever since." Joe stated.

"Looks like Axel was born nine months after Zoey was last seen. I bet she left help to take care of her son."

"And proceeded to come back and bust him out of prison," I said, "Maybe to pick up where she left off."

"Well, I'm digging into CCPD files to see if she had any other known associates." Joe said.

"I"ll set the satellite to do a search grid." Harry added. "Ramon."

"Hey, how about you hook my up with some of that gum?"

"Why don't you breach yourself?"

"That sounded like an insult."