Chapter Sixteen: You're A Beautiful Girl, Laura

I lowered my force field. 

"Leave him alone. This guy is only like this because of me and my team. So if you've gotta problem with him and his powers, then you deal with me." Breacher put his hands down, and Ralph put his hands on my waist, standing up and helping me up with him.

"Hey, are we good here, because I definitely gotta change my drawers." Ralph said.

"TMI, Ralph." I said over my shoulder. We looked up to see a helicopter flying overhead. Barry stood up.

"The Mayor took Joe. I can't run fast enough right now, I'll never have enough speed to jump off a building."

"The blades would either blow me away or suck me up into them. I can't get close enough." I added.

"Can you breach me up there?" He asked Cisco.

"There's no way, the event horizon would tear that helicopter apart."

"But we gotta save Joe."

"What do we do?" I stopped, turning to Ralph.

"Ralph can do it. He can get you up there."

"Me?" Ralph asked.

"Yeah." Barry agreed.

"How?"

"You can stretch, grab it." Barry told him.

"You, are you crazy? I can't do that."

"Yes, you can." I said.

"I know that you have it inside you to help someone other than yourself. I know you, Ralph."

"How could you possibly know me?" He asked.

"I'm Skyrocket. Think about it." I told him.

"Dude, are you kidding me?"

"Again, no."

"You're the Flash?! Everyone else gets struck by lightening and dies and you get superpowers?!"

"Yeah, that's right."

"Your assistant's a speedster?" Breacher asked Cisco.

"I liked the Flash, now I have to hate the Flash."

"Ralph, focus. I need you to do this. Joe needs you to do this. Please. Show me I was wrong about you. You said you were a good cop? Be one, right now." He turned around, looking at me. I put my hands on his face.

"I know you can do this, Ralph. Trust me." He nodded before taking off in a run and sending his arm propelling into the air.

"I got it!" He laughed. "Ooh boy." It started pulling him slightly, and I already knew what Barry was thinking so I wrapped my arms around Ralph's waist.

"Hang on." I told him. Barry ran up his arm to the helicopter. Ralph retracted his arm, bumping into me and about knocking me to the ground.

"Ooh."

"You did it!" I wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him. "I knew you could do it!" I pulled away from him, but he didn't look exactly happy. "Ralph..."

"Barry was wrong about me being Dirty. But he was right about the fact that good people don't do the things that I did to you."

"Ralph, that was five years ago. I'm over it-"

"That doesn't mean that I deserve the way you're treating me. With kindness." I shook my head.

"Ralph..." He turned, just walking away from me.