Chapter Forty-Six: Dwarfstar

Joe pounded on the door, and I could feel Ralph glancing at me every few seconds.

"Sylbert Rundine! This is CCPD!" The door opened to reveal a rather tall bald guy, about the same size as Ralph. "You Sylbert Rundine?"

"Bert...Rundine. The 'E's silent." He said, correcting our pronunciation.Ralph sighed, slipping a five into Cisco's hand.

"So close." He whispered.

"I'm Detective Joe West, these are my associates. We're looking into a robbery that took place? Wanted to ask you some questions."

"Ok."

"Do you happen to own a 1970s Chevelle?" I asked.

"Well, I used to."

"Oh, my glob." Cisco said, going into the apartment and walking over to a table full of figurines. "Is that a replica of DARPA's HTV-3X?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, don't you know not to mess with another man's toys?" Ralph asked, following him inside.

"Or to not just walk into people's homes uninvited?" I muttered to myself.

"You man Figurines." Rundine corrected.

"Yes," Cisco agreed, "Yes he does. Wow, this is a perfect replica. It even has a tiny automatic navigation control system!" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"That's weirdly...accurate." I mean, the case in question here was that an entire Meta-proof building disappeared. But what if it didn't disappear, it only shrunk?

"This is the reason I don't have any money in my savings."

"Oh, I get it." I stood by Ralph, eyeing Rundine suspiciously. Ralph put a hand on my back.

"I know that look." He whispered.

"Stay alert." I whispered back.

"Is this you?" Joe asked, pointing to a picture of a buff, intimidating-looking man with a goatee, looking very similar to the picture of 'Big Sir' we'd been shown earlier.

"Yeah, hard to believe. Fifteen years ago, I was a bit of a gym rat." Fifteen years ago, he looked exactly like Big Sir, and has a record? Joe and I made eye contact. "Well gentlemen, lady, I was just about to head out so if you guys are good here..." We started slowly towards the door as Rundine grabbed his coat.

"Yeah, I just have one more question for you." I said. "Did you spend any time around Mercury Labs fifteen years ago?" He turned around, shooting a yellow beam of light at the table, revealing a gun. He shot at Joe first, who ducked. Ralph wrapped his arms around me, crouching down so that he was shielding my head with his hands. I stood up just in time to see the dude parachute out the window. "What the heck?!" I followed him, jumping out the window myself. I was right behind him when he whirled around, shooting the beam at me. It hit me before I could move and all of a sudden, the giant buildings of Central City were twenty times bigger.

"What the heck?!" I shouted. A breach opened, and the guys appeared. Rundine was gone, and I didn't see where he went.

"Dang. He wasn't that quick, was he?"

"And where is Laura?" Ralph asked.

"You guys check down there, I'll check the streets."

"Guys?" I called. But no one could here me. "Guys!" I kicked off of the ground, flying towards them. I was just about to Ralph when Joe shouted:

"Guys, he's here!" The car shrank down, and then I saw Cisco and Ralph enveloped in the same yellow light that I was in earlier.

"Oh, that feels weird." Cisco said. "Joe, he's getting away!" They shrank and I landed beside a now tiny Cisco and Ralph.

What Brings Us Together (A Ralph Dibny/ The Flash Fan-Fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें