Chapter Twenty-Nine: Goodnight, Dibny

The next morning came around, and I still hadn't heard from Barry. I headed to STAR Labs to find everyone else there except Barry, and Ralph. I didn't get to talk to him yesterday. I should text him. I was snapped out of my thoughts by Barry walking into the Cortex.

"Guys, Laura and I found a camra in the Samuroid head."

"Does Laura even know what's going on? Where have you been?" Cisco asked me.

"I do know what's going on. Barry has filled me in, and where I've been is none of your business." I said.

"Where did it lead back to?" Iris asked, getting back on topic.

"Where do you think?"

"DeVoe." Wells said. "So you pinged the camera to his computer's IP address? Good."

"Well, no, I-I didn't ping it."

"Well then, how did you figure out it was him?" Caitlin asekd.

"Well-"

"This camera isn't even active." CIsco pointed out.

"It was last night," I explained, "The helmet was buzzing. We took it apart and we found that inside."

"He's been watching us for weeks! And I could've proved it, but his wife came back too soon."

"I knew whatever it was, it was a bad idea. Barry, tell me you did not break into the DeVoe's house!' I exclaimed.

"Well-" I had never seen an entire room face-palm until that moment,

"Wow. Ok."

"Guys that sounds bad, but you have to listen to me, this guy wants us to think he's unassuming and weak, but he is not. He is powerful and smart. And he's been ahead of us every step of the way. He's ahead of us right now."

"Easy Allen. Calm down." Harry said.

"I'm fine."

"Ok."

"I'm fine."

"Hey, hey, we just don't want you to do anything else you'll regret." Cisco stated.

"Anything else, what do you mean, what have I done?"

"For staters, breaking and entering." Caitlin told him.

"Oh my gosh, I don't understand why you don't see what's going on! Laura sees it! He probably has cameras everywhere. At the lab, at CCPD, I mean he's always watching us!" Barry's phone buzzed. "Hey, Joe. What is it?"

~~~

Barry got suspended. Two weeks, because the DeVoes got pictures of him breaking into their house. The idiot. But hey, I did his workload for six months, I think I can handle a couple weeks.

I changed into an over-sized, creme cable-knit sweater and a pair of leggings, before easing my self into my bed as slowly and painlessly as possible. I then grabbed my phone, going to my contacts and clicking on Ralph Dibny's name.

"Don't you know you're supposed to wait at least three days to call?" He answered. I rolled my eyes.

"First of all, that's a stupid rule, and second of all, I'm pretty sure that only applies to the first date, which we have not had, so your argument is invalid."

"What do you mean? We've been on a date."

"We have not."

"The Shrimp place? The day I got hypnotized?"

"Ralph, that was not a date. I'm fairly certain that neither of us knew how the other felt at that point, and if it was, by your standards the three days are way past being up, so I'm still right."