Chapter 20

A/N Thank you so much for hanging in there and reading my story! Enjoy!

"What are you doing here?" I asked in surprise.

"What do you mean? I'm here to see you. I've missed you so much." That is when he handed me a bouquet of white daylilies.

"I thought you were with someone else? I got pictures of you and many other women. I don't want any of that drama."

"Samantha, there has only been you. I am not interested in anyone but you. I was away for work and got caught up in a case that didn't leave anytime for much else. But I am back now so here I am."

"No, no this just doesn't make any sense. Those pictures were so real. They were you and women. I called and texted you and the guys. No answer from you in so long! How can I believe you?"

He grabbed my hand and held it in his. "Samantha, I don't know what sick joke someone was playing on you. But you are the only one I want. Cross my heart. You were on my mind the whole time I was away from you. I am sorry that the phones were not working the best."

"No. Nope. No. I am just so confused...." I turned away from him

"Samantha look at me" he turned me so I was once again facing him and he cupped my face in his hands and said, "I love you."

He loves me?

Knock Knock Knock Who the hell now...

Knock knock knock. "Samantha! Open the door, I know you are in there." Grant?

I sat up in bed? What the heck? Was it all a dream? Knock knock "Samantha? Please open the door and talk to me."

"Holy shit Grant is here..." I quickly unwrapped myself from the blankets and headed for the door.

I threw the front door open. "Grant? What are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry, I got your address from Krissy. I just had to make sure you were okay. You left in such a rush, I was worried."

"I'm fine." I looked away from him. He was such a nice guy, he didn't deserve me thinking and wanting another guy while I was with him.

"Look, we don't have to do anything you don't want to do. I'm fine with it, honestly." he explained.

"Thank you. I just recently had or was in a relationship, if you can even call it that? I don't know." I kept rambling on.

"I am interested in seeing where this," he points in between the two of us "goes."

Did I want this? I really liked maybe even loved Nicholas, but all that shit with the pictures and the phone calls. I am not sure.

"I..." Thunder by Imagine Dragons starts playing. I shake my head and grab my phone. Another unknown number. "Who the hell now?" I whisper yell. "Just a second." I hold my finger out to Grant then answer my phone. "Hello?"

"Samantha?" it was a male voice that sounded familiar but I couldn't quite place it?

"This is her?"

"Thank goodness I finally reached you. It's Detective Jake. I've been trying to get ahold of you. Nicholas is in the hospital here in Atlanta Georgia."

"What?" my heart started pounding at the mention of his name and hospital.

"Well we were all in an accident. Someone ran our SUV off the road. Nicholas took the worst of it. I myself got out yesterday and have been trying to reach you. We have a ticket at the airport for you to get down here. He is in a coma and it, well you should just come if you are available to?"