Chapter 3

The sun was warm on my skin as I lay out soaking in the rays. Splashes and laughter from the pool in front of me. I look over my sunglasses to see Derek, Jason and Sarah all playing water basketball.

"Go get them honey!" I called out to Derek with a bright smile.

He looked at me with so much love in his eyes and said "How about you get your cute butt in here and help me babe?"

I giggled, "I wouldn't be much help to you and I'd only distract you."

The puppy dog eyes came out and he jumped out of the pool. He snatched me up before I could get away and jumped back in with me in his arms. I yelled in protest before we hit the water. Once we surfaced we were both laughing.

"Sorry babe. You know I love the wet look on you. It's all in good fun love."

Then we kissed a deep passionate kiss.

"Yuck! You two need a room." Sarah and Jason said in unison.

We all laughed then Derek engulfed me in another hot kiss.

When I came out of the memory a beautiful smile was on my lips but once our eyes met I saw that sad girl once again staring back at me. Real life came crashing back. A cut on her lip and eyebrow from a few days past that were almost fully healed. A hand print now across her cheek.

I turned away from the mirror and slowly started taking my clothes off. I looked down at my side, the four inch brusie wsa now hardly visible. Took well over two and a half weeks to start to fade and close to that long to stop hurting.

I turned the shower on as hot as I could stand it and just stood under letting the water rush over me. Wishing it could wash everything away. All the horrible memories of these past five months from the moment Derek changed completely. I still don't understand what snapped in him, tho I have a few ideas. One thing was for certain, which he has made very clear I'll be his no matter what.

Dropping to the shower floor I hugged my knees. Sending up a silent prayer that Derek would come out of this darkness and if not then a way for me to escape it.

Not sure how long I sat on the shower floor, I only remember the water turning ice cold. I got out, dried off, out some pj's on and crawled cautiously into bed next to Derek. So thankful he was passed out. Grateful for the exhaustion that overtook me. It was one way to sort of escape, even if it was just dreaming.

Those green eyes with the specks of black full of passion, lust, desire. Nicholas had been standing in front of me. The next moment I was in his arms. His lips upon mine. His hand holding the back of my head, his other arm wrapped around my waist holding me close, safe. Our kiss was on fire, most amazing kiss ever to be had. I let out a moan of pleasure. I could feel him grow harder against my stomach. His lips left mine but only to find themselves upon my neck. He lifted me onto a table nearby. My legs wrapping around his waist. His hands already making quick work of taking my shirt off. His pupils dilating as his eyes feasted upon my breasts. A low deep moan left his lips and it only made me wetter between my legs. His lips back upon mine for a quick fierce kiss, then slowly making a trail of kisses down to my swollen breasts, with one hand he undoes my bra and it falls to the floor. His lips suck and nibble on one nipple as his hand fondles the other. My head falls back with a sigh. "Nicholas" I whisper.

I'm jolted awake by the sound of the alarm clock. Totally aroused and wet from the dream, but suddenly becoming afraid of what might have been said of done while dreaming. I turn to Derek's side of the bed noticing he wasn't there, I let out a breath I hadn't realized I held.

"Ohhgg thank you." I said out loud to myself as I began to relax a little. What the heck was that dream about? I barely have spoken to Nicholas, but he is gorgeously hot.

I shook off the dream, trying not to think about it again. Got up, dressed and ready for the day. Systematically putting on each layer of makeup to hide the purple black handprint on my cheek. After many layers I was satisfied with the cover up job. Heading down the hall toward the kitchen I make myself a fresh cup of coffee with my favorite cinnamon roll creamer. I grab a plain bagel and sit at the breakfast bar.

My thoughts began to wonder back to last night and all the other times these last few months when Derek would go off on me. Sometimes for no reason. "Why?" was always the question I'd ask myself. "Why did he change? Why does he do this? Why do I stay?" Well that question I knew the answer to, it was in fact for a few reasons. 1) he said he'd end my life if I left. 2) my parents would be upset. Our families are friends. They say he is the best thing to ever happen to me, and to them. Sometimes I think they love him more then me.

3) I feel deep down inside that this was it. This was the only chance I'd get at happiness with someone. That if I left there wouldn't be another love out there for me. Sad thought I know but with my parents always telling me that "he is the only one I'll ever get...you only get one chance at happiness" One tends to start believing those things.

I am really stuck, the thought went through my mind. It's all gotta change soon right?

Finishing my coffee and bagel I push all the thoughts from my mind, absentmindedly browsing the net; killing some time before my shift at Java Now. I've had the job since I was sixteen. Six years, my first job. It's hard to leave when I've become apart of the Java Now family and gotten to know all the customers so well. I only work there a couple times a week for a few hours. It's the one thing in my life that seems stable. A safe place, as Derek no longer goes there, nor has Jason follow me.

Heading back down the hall to the bathroom I grab my make up and throw it in my purse knowing I would need a touch up or two before my shift at Drinks Up. I take one last look in the mirror to make sure it all still looks okay.

I wonder through the doorway into the bedroom grabbing the laundry to throw it in the wash quick. I take the basket to our "mudroom" and make short work of sorting when I grab a yellow bra. My stomach found it's way into my throat. I hate the color yellow so I know damn well that it's not mine. Plus it's way too small for my chest. I kept the bra out and finished throwing the rest into the washer. I take the nasty yellow bra to the kitchen and set it on the breakfast bar. Finding a pen and paper I leave a note...

This is NOT mine! Please return it to its correct owner!

When I'm done I head out the door for work.

Author Note: Sorry for the short chapter. I like cliff hanger moments :)