CHAPTER 27: SAFE

Fae's P.O.V.

"I'm in the Southside apartments. 333".

I tried to make out Asher's words through the door. He gave someone an address. This address. I can't stay here any longer, whether it was Hayden or a Murderer, I couldn't stay here to wait and find out. I quietly swung my legs off the couch and tip toes to my back pack. I slipped on my boots and left my wet sneakers. I grabbed a jacked that hung on a knob and layered it over my hoodie.

My heart dropped when I saw the multiple locks, I started with the top one and moved down, finally opening the last one quietly. I let out a breath and pried open the door. It creaked open. I whipped my head around to Asher's room. It was quiet. I slipped thorough the small opening and didn't move the door leaving it open.

Running down the flights of stairs I ran as fast as I could.

Hayden's P.O.V.

I arrived in the apartment complex quickly, speeding on the highway. Ramped thoughts streamed through my mind. "Did she and Asher...Did something happen between them?" I shook my head and sped up on the street.

I questioned why Asher lived in this side of town, it was savage, broken apart and there was an unsafe presence of the south side you couldn't shake off, no matter how hard you tried. Once I reached the slum apartment building I closed my car door and locked it, pocketing my car keys. Then walked up the building. There was no security, no bell man. I walked up, third floor 333, Asher had said. Once I reached the third floor I found the door ajar.

My heart beat was going crazy, why was the door open. I slowly opened the door and found Asher on the phone. A hole in the wall as well as glass littering the floor.

"Asher, what the fuck happened?!" I screamed at him.

Fae's P.O.V.

I kept replaying the kiss with Asher. Even if he had called Hayden in the apartment, I would never be able to face him again, after I kissed Asher. The worst part being that I didn't mind it.

The I thought, it was perfect, tell him what happened so he would leave. I had to break him break him until he would never want to come back to me. He couldn't be with me, I couldn't be with him now that all this is happening. I reached the end of long street, my back pack feeling like a thousand pounds, the snow drenching the bottom of my pants once again. I didn't want this, nowhere to turn to, nowhere I felt safe. I could feel my phone vibrating. I didn't dare to look at the messages. The wouldn't have downloaded since I stopped paying the bills a month ago. A few weeks ago, felt like years ago. With Vivian and Hayden, the long nights and Hayden's smile. I could feel tears threatening to fall.

"SCREEEECHHHH"

I lost my footing from the loud sounds of screeching tires. Falling over, my cheek landed straight on the concrete, as I didn't have enough time to break my fall. If I fell a few steps ahead I would have fell back into the forestry cliff behind me.

Black cars everywhere. I was in the slums. My breathing quickened, who were these people and why were they surrounding me. Huge men in black suits piled out of the car and crept towards me.

One of them on the phone spoke while walking towards me. "I've got her boss. Yes we will take her back."

"NO! I'm not going anywhere with you guys!!" I scrambled up quickly and tried to back away, buy I was trapped, with a cliff behind me. My eyes went the the gun holsters that they had strapped around them. They could kill me within seconds. "Who are you?"

"Please come with us. We are not here to hurt you. Or else." One of the men spoke in the back.

I couldn't trust anyone. I backed up, the short fence digging into my calves.

"You do not have anyone, or anywhere to turn to. Your mother is dead by now. You friends are gone. And that stupid boyfriends of yours is worthless." He spoke with a monotone voice.

Each truth hitting me like a bullet. "My mother? What are you talking about!" My mom, she as in danger. My heart was out of control. "What happened to her!?" I screamed.

"We will tell you, come here." He said extending his arm. The other positioned on his gun.

I crept back. The fence dug into my leg, pushing me backwards. I saw the dark sky, cloudless as I fell backwards. I rolled down the kill. I felt shrapnel digging into my skin and arms. I kept going, never hitting the bottom.

Hayden's P.O.V.

"Asher, what the fuck happened?!" I screamed at him.

He saw me, then tore his phone away from his ear. Shoving it into his pocket, he ran his hands threw his hair.

I was already expecting bad news. I thought we had gotten our tattered relationship back together, but it was all a mistake. It was ripped apart now to shreds.

"Fuck, Hayes I left her here sleeping. She left, I don't know when or how long. I would let her go. She doesn't deserve you. She has a fucked-up life.

Anger pulse through my body. I grabbed Asher's collar and hauled him against the wall, slamming him into it. "Don't ever say that. She is worth every damn thing in my life, more than you." I wanted to punch him so badly, but I knew that a fight was not the answer to where she was.

I let him go. "Where is she?"

"I don't fucking know." He said pulling away from me.

Ω

Hi my loves!

Short chapter after such a long time, I know I know! Another chapter will be out soon. Don't worry. School is kicking my butt.

The ending is close. What is going to happen to Fae? Who were the men chasing her? So many questions, so little chapters and time.

Please comment soon as the book is coming to an end (only the first part)

I want questions and comments!

-YOUR AUTHOR AND READER