CHAPTER 13: LEAVE HER

Fae's P.O.V.

Days and nights went by. She didn't let me out nor visit me. My breathing returned to normal but my ribs hurt at the slightest movement. My face was bruised on one cheek. My arms even worse, they were black and blue. I curled up on the bed letting the hunger pass. I had run out of granola bars two days ago. I felt weak and slept mostly waiting for this nightmare to be over.

It was later in the day when the door slammed open. I jerked up and moved as close to the wall as possible. My breath hitched waiting for her in anticipation.

I opened my eyes she came towards me and grabbed my wrist, forcing me to stand up.

"Get the fuck out of here. I need the place to myself tonight. Fuckin lazy bitch. Your teachers have been calling, go the fuck to school idiot, so they will stop calling. You better be back in a few days or I swear I will drag you out of the school and throw you out." She screamed at me.

I tremored in fear and just nodded. She squeezed my wrist digging her nails in. I whimpered in pain. Then she punched my ribs, exactly where she had kicked me. I fell forward on my knees, closing my eyes in pain.

Why couldn't she just kill me and end my pain?

She walked out and went into her room, leaving my door wide open. I struggled to get up and dash through the door grabbing my backpack. I needed to get out of here while I could.

What day was it, what time is it? I walked down the stairs and out the door before she could catch me. I felt like my lungs were burning when I inhaled in air. I clutched my waist, doubling over, trying to hold myself up. Vivian, I needed Vivian. I pulled out my phone and dialed her number. I hated that I had to call her now, it rang twice and I shut it off.

I shouldn't involve her. I barley talked to her all week, only giving her small updates about my health. I leaned on the fence, I was only a mile away from home. I tried to take a few steps but was out of breath. I was panting, pressing my hand against my ribs tying to ease the pain. I felt like I was dying. My phone rang.

I reached in my pocket and saw Vivian's name across the screen. I wanted to ignore it so bad, but I couldn't move. I hit the green button.

"Fae? What's up. Fae? Why are you breathing so hard? Fae? Where are you?"

"Vivian." I choked out sobbing. "Help me please." I could feel the ground falling away from my vision. 

"Where are you!? I'm coming right now." She said with worry in her voice.

I told her vague directions, then collapsed the ground. I couldn't move. It felt like hours when I heard a car pull up. My eyes were closed and I couldn't open them. 

Someone was yelling my name in the distance, I felt someone wrapping their arms around me, lifting me up. Then I let the darkness take over me.

Hayden's P.O.V. 

I yelled stop, as Vivian hot the breaks hard. I saw her crouched on the pavement. Vivian had called me telling me something was wrong with Fae. I didn't question further as I met her at her house and we drove to where Vivian said Fae had given directions.

We were near the slums the most outer part of the town. My breath caught when I saw her. It didn't even look like her. Her face was pale and her cheek bones were caving in. She had a purple bruise covering her cheek, with a cut running across it. I ran to her and lifted her head into my lap. I chocked out her name, trying to wake her. "Fae? Please Fae wake up, don't leave me. I need you. I need you so much." I felt tears running down my cheeks. I lifted her body to mine.