CHAPTER 12: PICKING UP THE PIECES

Fae's P.O.V. 

Hands around my neck were choking me. I couldn't breathe. My head was yanked down into icy cold water, dunked in again and again. I was drowning.

I woke up immediately sitting up on the bed. I tried to catch my breath but my ribs hurt every time I inhaled or exhaled air. I took in shallow breaths trying to regain consciousness. My head was pulsing, I felt like someone had threw me down a flight of 20 staircases. Oh, wait she practically did. I eased myself off the bed and tried the window again weakly, it was locked. I crawled to the door and tried shaking the doorknob, locked. My heart sank.

Her words ran through my head, trapped. I stumbled to the bathroom door that was always locked. It was a Jack and Jill bathroom that lead to the guestroom, that was never used. She kept the bathroom locked for some reason as well as the bedroom. I turned the door knob and it surprisingly turned. My breath caught, would she be standing on the other side? I slowly opened the door and found the bathroom empty. I quickly moved towards the bedroom door on the other side and tried the knob. Locked.

I choked out in pain. She was really going to keep me trapped here. I quickly used the bathroom, and glanced in the mirror.

My breath caught looking at myself. My forehead was bruised and had a bloody cut. My eyes swollen from crying and sunken in, with black circles lining them. My arms and legs were rainbows, covered with different stages of healing and forming bruises, with small cuts peppered everywhere.

My neck had her finger marks, red and swollen. I tried my best to run cold water on the blood and to clean up. I left the bathroom before she came back. I went into my closet and pulled out one of the water bottles I kept when I stayed in my room for long periods of time. I did not go down stairs when she threw parties or had guys over, so I always stashed food in my room. I grabbed a granola bar. I had a box and a few water bottles, I should be fine for the next couple days. Eating, I hid the wrappers and sat leaning against the wall.

Vivian. I should text her that I was ok, and wouldn't be coming to school for the next few days. My mind flashed to Hayden. I felt tears pricking my eyes. I was just a challenge to him. He was going to get tired of me eventually. There was no point in having him around, he was going to leave and be disgusted when he saw the life I live. Why was I lying to myself, Vivian was probably tired of babysitting me by now, she had Chad, other friends, loving parents. She had everything. She didn't need me.

I felt tears trailing down my cheeks. My phone vibrated, I picked it up.

"Where are you? Coming to school? Your making me worried! Hayden keeps asking about you." Vivian texted me. 

I wrote back 'Just feeling a little sick, no worries I'll be in school soon. Staying with an aunt for a few days. Tell Hayden that I want him to stop looking after me. Call you later. <3.'

That sounded convincing enough. I took a deep breath, my stomach was caving in. I was still hungry. I ignore it and opened my backpack. I didn't grab much of my books. I don't want to fall behind, so I started on the lessons that were going to be taught this week.

Hayden's P.O.V. 

My head dipped down as I started to fall asleep. I moved it back up in position. I sat in my car waiting to see her. I trailed Vivian at school, until she finally told me that Fae was at her Aunt's and was sick.

Why did it sound like it was more serious than that? I wanted to talk to Fae, but Vivian refused to talk to me further or even give me her number. She was upset with me. I hadn't seen Asher since that day and he was not answering my texts. I was shocked when the back-car door opened, then saw Noah and relaxed. I was picking him up from a day care that Mom enrolled him into. I was grateful for the long hours, it meant less babysitting for me, and peace for a little while.

"Hey champ. How was school?" I asked as I pulled out the car and started for the house, once he pulled don his seatbelt and I locked the doors.

"Boring." He said then turned his head towards he windows deep in thought.

I was surprised that he wasn't in the mood for talking. I got home and he just walked up the stairs and went to his room. Was he mad? I sighed, I went to the fridge and pulled out things for a sandwich.

It had almost been a week and a half and she hadn't come back. I felt empty like I had nothing, or a part of me was missing. Damn it. She didn't give a shit about me, otherwise she would have called at least. Or even find a way to reach me. I put the bread down and leaned into the counter putting my weight on my hands. I could fear tears brimming my eyes. Where was she? I wanted to see her. Was she in pain?

"Haydee?" A small voice spoke up.

I felt something pull on my pants. I looked down and saw Noah, I lifted him up, sitting him on the counter. He reached out and wiped my face.

"Don't be sad. Fairy will come back." He said smiling at me.

I was amazed that this child could understand my feelings when I couldn't. I smiled weakly at him, "She will...". I said.

Sorry guys for the short chapter I just feel like my views are falling, so I'm losing motivation. Please keep reading. I just want to thank all you guys who are still reading I think you guys are amazing that you are giving me a chance.

:)

COMMENT/SHARE/LIKE

XOXO 

Your Reader and Author