CHAPTER 14: LEAVING HIM

Fae's P.O.V.

"Fae." A small voice cooed my name.

Someone shook me, I didn't want to open my eyes. I felt warm and secure in the fluffy blanket. The voice kept calling my name as I cuddled further into the protection of the blanket. Then I recognized the voice. "Vivian." I crocked out, my throat raw from crying yesterday.

I opened my eyes to find Hayden lying next to me, sleeping. His blonde hair was sprawled over the black cased pillow, he was turned towards me with his arm resting lightly around my waist. I slowly sat up, careful not to disturb his arm. I turned to the voice that had been calling out my name; Vivian. Glancing at the windows I noticed that the curtains were drawn, there was no light outside. I turned towards her with a confused and worried look on my face.

She moved her hand motioning towards the door. Then slowly walked towards the door and opened it. The light spread into the room, she walked through and closed it partially leaving a crack of light to escape into the bedroom. I glanced at Hayden who was knocked out, I moved his arm lightly back to his side. I felt immediately cold. His eyelashes were gorgeously long against his lightly tan face. His jaw moved slightly, tightening before he turned to the other side falling back into a deep sleep. My body tense, then relaxed knowing he was not going to get up anytime soon.

I got off the bed and slipped through the door not making a sound. I was only wearing Hayden's shirt, and boxers. I felt heat creep up my cheeks, Viv was going to get some thoughts. She was standing at the top of the stairs, wearing her pj's. She waited until I reached her, then she walked down the stairs with me. We walked quietly over to the living room and sat on the couch. She sat crisscrossed, and I tucked my legs to my chest resting my face on my knees on the other end of the couch, feeling the burn from the cuts. I sat down next to her raising my eyebrows.

"Fae..." She started in a hushed voice. "I so sorry. I should have known that something was wrong. Fae you're my best friend. I was so caught up in Chad that I didn't realize that you were hurting." She said with tears brimming her brown eyes.

"Viv. None of this is your fault. Don't apologize. I should have told you instead of lying to you." I said looking down. I felt her arms come around me.

She laughed then hugged me tight. I threw my arms around her and embraced her. We both laughed quietly pulling away. She wiped her tears then smiled. "I talked to my mom and dad."

My face fell as soon as I heard her. I felt worry fill me. She told them what? Everything?

Catching my shocked expression, she shook her head. "I didn't tell them..." She motioned to my body. "I told them that your mom is going away and asked if you could stay with us, they both are going to be mostly gone soon, so they said you could stay as long as you want."  She said smiling, then grabbed my hand.

My heart melt at her offer. Why was Vivian an angel? I was about to accept when I remembered Hayden. Last night, the shower, the endless kisses. His warm body pressed against mine all night. He had told me that he liked me. Was he joking? I shook my head internally. He was going to get tired of me eventually and leave.

Vivian read my mind. "Hayden is not going to be happy. What's going on between you two?" She asked squeezing my hand.

I shyly told her about how I kissed him, then he kissed me the night that Ethan attacked me at the party, then I told her about night. Her face went from joy, to anger, to scowling, before it lit up in a grin.

"Omg! Do you...do you like him." She asked carful with her words.

"I don't know. I feel like he wants to help me out of pity. Vivian this going to end eventually, when it becomes too much for him. I shouldn't lead him on. I don't know what's going to happen, I can't do that to him. I can't drag him through all of this. He's already too deep and I need to pull him out before he knows everything. But when he's next to me I can't say no. It's like my mind screams no, but my body says yes yes yes." I said letting out a laugh. "I can't with him. I want to let him go. He deserves better." I said quietly. I looked down at the dark couch and thought that what I was saying make sense.

"Fae. Your amazing, better than any girl out there. Are...are you sure. Hayden's not going to be happy. But your saying that you're not interested in him. Are you guys going to stay friends?" She asked cautiously.

"I guess. I don't want him to tell anyone. I just can't make him happy right now by being anything more than friends. I just can't." I sobbed out, holding my face in my hands.

"I understand." Vivian said as she hugged me, while I cried.

Ω

Vivian and I talked until 8 am, catching up on gossip. She told me her and Chad are changing their pace and are taking things slow. Dates, dinner, and movies. She wants to get to know him, see if he's worth it. She was done dating around and hooking up if he was really the one. I was happy for her, I couldn't watch another one of her heart breaks.

I decided that I need to take some time away from Hayden. So, I followed Vivian back to her house to change into some clothes that didn't smell like Hayden. My duffle was still at school. My backpack somewhere with Vivian. I told her that I would be quick with talking to Hayden so I walked quickly back into his house. This time locking the door this time, because I wasn't going to come back. I walked up the stairs and into Hayden's room. I took in the room. It was mostly empty and dark toned, dark blues, blacks, and grays. His school stuff scatter across the lone desk in the corner. His bed in the middle, and a walk-in closet on the other end next to the bathroom door. I sat down on the king-sized bed. Wincing in pain, as my bruises contracted.

The bed dipped in slightly as I sat down next to his sleeping body. I couldn't help myself as I ran my hands through his wild blonde locks. I combed his hair trying to wake him. 

"Hayden." I whispered quietly. "Hayden." I said again. I watched as he stirred. His hand searched from something until they fisted the sheets. I watched as his eyes opened wide, gold and amber appearing. He looked surprised as he immediately sat up.

"What time..." He muttered as he looked at me squinting, trying to blink away the sleep.

"It's 9. I wanted to let you know, I'm going to be staying with Vivian for a while. Thank you for all your help." I said quickly as I got up, trying to detach myself from the situation. His bed head hair and face created a hot pit in my stomach, making me want to turn back and hug his warmth. I started to walk away trying to shake the thoughts out of my head.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked getting up, letting the blanket fall to the ground. Trying to reach me and get an explanation. 

I turned completely around. "No. Thank you for your help. I... Hayden...I just don't feel the same way as you. I'm content with being friends, but that's it. Last night was a mistake." I said quietly.

I couldn't look at his face. The tension was eating away at me, so I tore my eyes away from the carpet and looked at him. I was surprised when I saw anger. I took a step away. He took a step forward, then quickly took one back. He dragged a hand through his hair. Anger left his face replaced with awkwardness or hurt, I couldn't tell. He rubbed his hand behind his neck, his eyes looking down at the ground. He muttered something under his breath that I did not catch. "Ok. I'll catch you later." He said as he slipped into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

I stood for a few minutes, did that go well? He didn't put up a fight. Before he could change his mind, I went downstairs and towards Vivian's house. Closing the front door behind me.

Ω

Sorry for the short chapter, but I hit my goal of 325. Next goal is to maybe get 500 reads, until then no posts but some minor editing. Please comment and share! Thank you for reading I love each and everyone one of you!!

Keep reading to find out what happens to HAYDEN AND FAE...

XOXO

Your Reader and Author