CHAPTER 19: PLAYING WITH FIRE

Fae's P.O.V

I dropped my dress back to the ground when I reached the ballroom again. Asher stood beside me, while I scanned the room for Hayden. My eyes were scanning over when they landed on his mop of dirty blonde hair. I was about to take a step forward, when I noticed that he was dancing with beautiful blonde. My breath caught as pain and anger washed over me.

She was drop dead beautiful. With her platinum hair gathered to one side of her shoulder and a tight red dress fitting her curvy and short figure. She had red bold lips against her flawless cream skin, and baby blue eyes. Hayden and she were practically pressed against each other, dancing and laughing at an inside joke, like they were the only ones on the dance floor.

She put my features to shame. No, she made me hate myself. I felt an arm clasp around my arm, I turned to find Asher with his face close to me.

"Looks like Hayden is busy with Alexandria. Come on let's dance."

Before I could answer or even open my mouth, Asher pulled me along to the white marble dance floor. The music was light and classic. I was surprised that when Asher wrapped his arm around my waist and lifted my hand into the air. Then he guided me gently to a rhythm in light circles. I was actually dancing.

"I don't know how to dance." I whispered as I looked into his soft grey eyes.

"Your body says otherwise." He laughed.

I was taken aback; his laugh was like Hayden's. My wandered as I observed him, he was different from Hayden. Hayden was companionate, and you could read his expression from a mile away. He was never scared to voice his opinions, other that in front of his parents, and was like ecstasy in water. Asher was something completely different, he had an aura of fun and immaturity, dark secrets looming behind his angelic looks. He smiled at me when he caught me staring. He pulled me closer so our torsos were pressed together, as I leaned my head back a little.

His hands felt like fire on my skin, leaving a trail of burns when he moved them up my back. Then he moved closer to me, a hairs length away from my lips. With a smirk on his face. My eyes widen, oh no.

"Mind if I cut in?"

I jerked back at the voice. I turned to find Hayden standing beside us. Asher dropped his hands around me and look at me grinning. "Nice to meet you Fae." The he quickly stepped away and disappeared in the bodies.

Before I could turn my gaze away from him Hayden took his position and clutched his arms around waist.

"Where did you go? I wanted to dance with you" He asked with sadness laced in his voice.

I leaned away a little. Looking down, "You were busy with Alexandria."

"Hey." I felt his gentle fingers guide my chin up to look at him. "I'm sorry. She and my family grew up together, and mother has this obsession for us to be together. But I don't want to be with her when the only person I want is right here in front of me. I'm sorry I couldn't stand for you inform of my mother, I knew she would care for anything I say."

I bit my lip, holding back the pain and anger that started to course through me. I looked at him, the golden eyes looked back at me with desire and passion. "Ok." I said, swayed by his words.

He tugged me closer to him and I smiled. Then he leaned his mouth against my ear and his warm breath tickled my ear. "You look so pretty, looks like I'm not going to bring you to an event ever again, I don't want anyone to look at you. Just me. Only me." He whispered in a husky and possessive voice. "Dance with no one, but me."