CHAPTER 8: FRIENDS

Fae's P.O.V. 

The weekend went by quickly in the infirmary. My alarm went off at 4:00am. It was Monday and I didn't want a janitor or teacher to spot me, so woke up early and headed to the weight room instead. I hated the smell of the infirmary, like a hospital.

I did a quick cardio workout then went to the pool. I swam for an hour and a half and hit the showers at 6:30am. The water was cold which made me shiver. I came out quickly and wrapped myself in a towel looking at my cheek. The bruise was practically healed but it still hurt to the touch. I dried off and unzipped my duffle bag. I washed my clothes on Sunday which saved me form washing them this week. I looked at the blue t-shirt and sweats that were at the top, they were Hayden's. I should give them back to him.

Then I remembered that I was going to see him first period, and he sat  behind me. I put on a white -shirt and black jeans with my denim jacket. I lifted his shirt and smelled it. It still smelled like him. What was I doing? I set it in my backpack with the sweatpants. Then pulled on shoes. Some girls started coming and going as school was about to start.

The bell rang and on cue I went to French. I missed Vivian. She never asked questions or pushed me to answer her. We had an unspoken understanding. I walked into French being one of the first in the classroom. I pulled out the study guide I had made and reviewed it before the quiz. The bell rang and I glanced behind my shoulder, the desk was empty.

Something tore at me. He skipped class. He probably didn't want to see me that bad. Maybe he got my message that day at the house. I felt my heart tighten.

 The day went by quickly. My phone rang just as the school day had finished. It was Vivian.

"HEY! I'm back, can we hang out I have some important stuff to tell you."

"Weren't you supposed to be back tomorrow? I asked.

"I'll explain, I'm in the parking lot." She said shutting off the call.

I grabbed my backpack and went towards the parking lot finding her white car sitting in the first row. I sat in the passenger seat. She immediately hugged me and I hugged her. "I missed you." I said when we broke apart.

"Is this Fae?" She laughed when I smacked her shoulder.

"I missed you too!!!" She said. First, she told me about the resorts and boys she visited and saw. I could tell since her skin was a tan color and her nose was slightly burnt. "So basically, my Aunt is sick so my Mom is going to stay in Florida for their kids and help them out for a while. Daddy came back with me since he's going leave to his meeting tonight. I'M SO MAD he's going to Greece and is not bringing me. So basically, I'm going to be alone for a while." She told while driving.

We reached her house and I felt super nervous. I looked around the street seeing no one and got out of the car, following Vivian inside. She collapsed on the sofa with her bags and I sat down next to her.

"Guess what happened during the trip?" She said perking up again.

"What?" I asked.

"Chad asked me out." She said looking at me.

"I'm confused I thought you guys were together?" I asked.

"No, he wants us to be exclusive. He told me he really likes me and wants it to be an 'us'." She said quickly. "I said yes. I really like him, no, I think I'm falling in love with him." She said blushing.

I laughed and pulled her into hug. "I am so happy for you." We laughed and joked around about her and Chad.

"What's been going on with you Fae?" She looked at me with her warm brown eyes.