Chapter 46 Tomato and Blueberry

The Blueberry Prince and the Tomato Princess

That was the job Team Shadow Gear was assigned to do. They were going to be preforming a live play for children in the middle of a park. This had been Jet's pick in the mission, something that Naruto seriously disliked for a very good reason. The play was one made for children about kingdoms of red and blue fruit, opposite colors. It was a short story about how the Red Tomato Princess fell in love with the Blue Blueberry Prince after he saved her from being eaten by the the Demon King.

Jet had picked this because it had Prince and Princess in the title, so he had assumed that he could get Levy to play the part of the princess while he played the part of the prince.

He was wrong.

The writer of the play had seen Naruto and Levy standing next to each other, and the woman had immediently decided who she wanted to play what part of the story. Jet with his sharper more angled appearance would be playing the part of the Demon King that would try to eat the Tomato Princess. When Jet had heard that, he had immediently assumed that Droy would be cast as the Prince while Levy played the princess with Naruto playing some other role.

He was once more wrong.

Droy, with his voice, had been cast as the narrator for the story. Droy actually had zero issues with this, since at least nobody would be seeing his face. Jet had then assumed that Naruto would be playing the role of the prince, with Levy and her 'stunning beauty' being the princess. Jet had forgotten to factor in one thing when he had been making his guess.

Naruto had red hair, and Levy had blue hair.

Naruto had quickly been picked for the role of Tomato Princess, and he wanted to kill somebody for giving him that role. He really hated the fact that he was being called a Tomato... and this time it was going to be a public thing with easily over 200 children and maybe 400 parents watching the rather well advertised play in the park. At least 600 people were going to put Naruto's face with the word tomato... the princess thing was the least of his worries. He was currently wearing a bright scarlet dress with no shoulders, that showed off cleavage, and long red gloves that went up high enough to cover his Fairy Tail guild mark. On top of his head was a fake crown with fake red jewels on it shaped like tomatos.

Levy had zero objections with her part on the other hand, finding it would be a lot of fun if she got to crossdress like him. Her smaller breasts had been wrapped so that her chest was flattened down, and she was dressed in a blue tuxedo with her hairband taken out so that her hair took on a more wild and spiky appearance naturally. Her forehead was hidden from view by her hair, that was usually pulled out of her face. She was wearing a prince's crown on top of her head with fake blue colored blueberry shaped gems on it. She had a small black cape on her back, and on the her belt she had a rapier as a sword.

Naruto and Levy both felt bad for Jet though, he was given a loincloth and a thick stick for his costume.

The three of them were already in position, and waiting for the play to start. The curtains of the rather cheep stage, the manager was trying to make a profit and this was a kid's play by nature so they didn't care how expensive the stage was.

Once upon a time there were two kingdoms. The Red Kingdom and the Blue Kingdom. The Red Kingdom had people who loved tomatos, and they were ruled by King Tomato. The Blue Kingdom loved Blueberries, and their king was King Blueberry.

A guy wearing and a giant tomato costume and a woman wearing a giant blueberry costume appeared on the stage at the time that was announced. Naruto walked behind the tomato, while Levy walked behind the blueberry. Kids were already laughing, while the parents were stunned into silence when they saw how pretty the two people playing the human roles were. Of course, many thought that Levy was a pretty boy, and Naruto was a cute girl. The tomato had a crown on it's head, while the blueberry had a crown on 'his' head as well since nobody could tell the genders of the people in the costumes.