Chapter 34 Training or Gambling?

"Okay Naruto-chan, after a month of heavy studying do you think that you are finally ready to begin learning about Medical Ninjutsu?" Shizune asked with a pleasant smile on her face as she looked at Naruto sitting down on a grassy field in front of her. It had been an entire month since he had become her student, and the entire time that he had been learning under her he had to spend a lot of his time memorizing medical books about herbs, medicines, poisons, and the human body.

Of course, that wasn't a problem with Shadow Clones reading for him.

When Shizune had seen the sheer number of Shadow Clones that he could summon in one sitting, she had looked like she was going to faint from sheer shock. She had never seen somebody that summoned thousands of clones of themselves for pure training purposes before. She was even more surprised when she saw that the reason that Naruto was fine with crossdressing was that his other ability that allowed for him to change into various female armors. She had been having a group of his clones study medical books with her, while the rest of the clones worked on what they normally worked on.

Cramming 4 years worth of armor training into a few months.

He still had a long way to go before he could say that he had mastered all of Erza's armors, but after a month he could say with confidence that he knew how to at least use them all. Though he lacked the emotional control needed for him to keep full control of himself while using the Purgatory Armor, which brought out deeper and darker emotions out of him that he would rather not feel. Using that armor carried the heavy risk of him starting to use a chakra he would rather only use in emergancies instead of in outright battle like he had against Kisame.

"I am ready!" Naruto declared to her with a grin on his face.

"No you aren't, not until you show me how good your chakra control is." Shizune corrected him, and Naruto blinked for a moment. Naruto looked at Shizune with a worried expression for a moment, since chakra control had never been hos forte before. He had been showing vast improvements of control lately, even before lately when he had been learning the Rasengan. His ability to control his chakra was high enough for him to form a Rasengan in the palm of one of his hands, but not both of them despite how much he had tried.

"How good does this make me?" Naruto asked as he raised his right palm up to Shizune with a worried look as blue chakra swirled into life and formed a perfect sphere in his hand with hundreds of spinning swirls inside of the sphere. The sphere was in constant rotation, and Shizune choked on air when she saw the jutsu that was in the palm of Naruto's hand.

"The Rasengan!? How long have you been able to do that?!" Shizune actually screamed from the shock of seeing the famous jutsu. The Rasengan was labelled as an A-rank Kage-level jutsu for a reason. The chakra control needed for it, as well as the power, chakra levels, and pure skill needed for the jutsu to be used at all limited the number of people that could use it to a very low few. As it were, the only people that Shizune knew could use the Rasengan were Jiraiya, the Fourth Hokage... and now she could mentally add Naruto to that list of people.

"Months now, maybe longer." Naruto told her as the jutsu disipated when he allowed it to. The Rasengan could be a self-sufficient technique that didn't require you to constantly pump chakra into it. After it was formed, it would stay until it was used or you let it dispate. The constant motion in the sphere kept the chakra in it alive and active until the sphere was broken.

"With you reserves... how? You shouldn't have nearly the levels of control for the Rasengan." Shizune asked with wide eyes.

"Well... I spent entire months and about 300 shadow clones a day for about six hours a day... for about 3 months before I mastered it." Naruto told her, and Shizune did the math. If he spent 300 clones a day on the Rasengan for about 6 hours, then in a single day he gained over 1,800 hours of experience with learning the technique. If he did this for three months, assuming he never skipped training, then did that for three months... and he would have spend 1,620,000 hours or more on learning the technique. Shizune looked around and saw that today's thousand shadow clones were all working on the Sea Empress Armor together, using the beach nearby as their training grounds.