Chapter 17 The Date Note

"You know... this isn't a very romantic idea for a date." Tenten said as she looked at the point of a sword directed at her face. She was laying on her back, her clothes cut up with a ton of small cuts, and her skin littered with more than a few cuts as well that were still bleeding at this moment. She was sweating, and the parts of her clothes that weren't covered in blood or cuts were tainted with dirt. Her let bun had been cut, so her hair on the left side of her hair was splayed on the ground. She also had a wicked bruise on the right side of her face.

Naruto was sitting on her chest, below her breasts, with his sword pointed down at her head to show that he had won their match. He had a few cuts as well, and his Heart Kreuz Armor was scratched up, dented, and even had more than a few holes in it that were slightly strained with blood coming out of them. His right gauntlet had been shattered, and some scorch marks rested on his back. His skirt had been ripped up near the bottom of it, and he had a black eye from being hit in the face with a bo staff that Tenten had used against him mid-fight. He was sweating as well, but only lightly.

This wasn't their first round of sparring this day.

More like the spar number 16 or 17.

Naruto's face took on one of shock for a moment at the fact his idea of a date, and her idea of a date were two different ones. He had been told by Erza that couples fought with each other to grow closer, so by sparring with her he believed that they were growing closer. Well, Erza had also said that the secrets of the universe were cake shaped so not everything she said was perfect. Erza had never dated, had sex, had a boyfriend, lover, or even any romantic contact with anyone other than a kiss apparently, so maybe her advice wasn't the best advice... in this situation.

"It isn't?" Erza asked out loud, floating next to Naruto with a confused expression on her face.

"It isn't?" Naruto asked Tenten with a curious look on his face, not knowing what to make of a real date when he had never been on one before. Tenten pushed him off her and wiped her brow with her forearm to get some of the blood off of her. They had made sure that all cuts they made on each other were rather shallow, so not as to kill each other with their weapons. Tenten looked at Naruto with a jealous face when she saw his wounds steam over, and vanish like they had never been there. He healed far to quickly to be fair, a few seconds and small cuts were gone after they had begun to heal.

"It isn't." Tenten told him as she sat up.

"Strange. I thought growing stronger together would be perfect for the two of you." Erza muttered to herself as she looked at the couple. She was going to have to try much harder to push the dense Naruto into making some sort of move of Tenten. Erza could feel everything that Naruto felt, because his body was her body... in a way. She wanted to experience the things she had missed out through him, dating, romance... dirty things as well. Like the kind she had always read about in books and magazines.

"Isn't growing stronger together romantic?" Naruto asked with a confused expression still on his face.

"This was my last good outfit, if that weren't the case I would think you wanting to make me stronger as very romantic. Now I have to go buy new clothes... damn, and I was hoping this would last longer than the last one... oh well, I got a year of good work out of it." Tenten said as she picked herself up off the ground and dusted herself off a little. She was caked in blood and dirt, so there was no real reason for her to even try to dust herself off.

"Wanna go by the creak and get cleaned up a little?" Naruto said as he pointed over at the shallow creak that had a few fish jumping out of the water. Of course, on the ground were a ton of kunai that had been thrown by Tenten. Naruto had already stored all of his weapons back into his pocket dimension for later use.