Chapter 40 Easier than you think

"Okay, so I think this is the waterfall that you have to swim under to get to Takigakure." Naruto muttered with a slightly tired expression. He had been able to cut down the time it took to get here from the estimated 4 days to a short single day... by not taking breaks for food, water, or any form of rest. He actually actually rather tired, with his legs and feet hurting him more than a little from them stomping on the ground constantly.

What could he say, he was worried about his fellow Jinchuriki.

Naruto rubbed his chin in thought as he looked at the cliff in front of him, and the waterfall crashing down it. Standing in the middle of a forest at the edge of the Land of Fire and the Land of Waterfall, he was staring up at a high cliff that seemingly came out of nowhere in that same forest. It had no business even being in the forest actually, and not far away he could see a huge tree in the distance.

Naruto took a deep breath and looked at the water below, before he changed into a bikini... now he didn't even have choice in the matter when wearing the top. It would look indecent for him to NOT wear the top part of it now that he had grown some strangely attractive chest lumps. Naruto breathed in and let his chest swell with air, before he took a step back and started to run towards the water as he released his breath at the moment he jumped. Taking in an even bigger breath before hitting the water, he was submerged into the slightly warmed pool of water that the waterfall landed in. Opening his eyes underwater, Naruto looked around and swam towards the waterfall.

The waterfall passage was the only way in and out of the village... without destroy the surrounding cliff that is.

The bubbles the waterfall made under the surface of the water made it harder to see, but Naruto went passed that with ease. Naruto already knew the path, or rather, he was remembering the path. The entrance into Takigakure was a series of underwater tunnels made to confuse and drown people that didn't know the way in. It was like the whirlpools into Uzushiogakure, there was no magic trick to it, but those that didn't know the trick wouldn't be able to survive anyway. You needed the ability to hold your breath for extensive amounts of time, which Naruto could naturally do actually so no problem, and know the route of least resistance.

Naruto swam faster and faster as he went through the underwater tunnels, lit up with glowing underwater moss or something. He just knew that he could still see underwater, and that his Sharingan let him see chakra in the water left behind by somebody that had used the tunnel last. This gave Naruto a map of the tunnel as he swam more and more, before he nearly gasped in surprise when Erza appeard next to him without him being warned about it.

"So, what is this village like?" Erza asked with a raised eyebrow, her voice still reading him underwater. She was a ghost, so water was still like air to her. She didn't even notice a difference.

'There is a reason why it has to be hidden so well. There is maybe a single Jonin level ninja in the entire village... if they didn't have such a great hiding spot they would have been wiped out. They aren't a major village, so they lake a Kage, and the leader is only Chunin level... I could have defeated nearly all of the ninja in the village before your training.' Naruto told her in his thoughts, and Erza seemed to be surprised by this.

"Well how did they survive so long if they are so weak?" Erza questioned, with Naruto giving her a look.

'Hero Water their national landmark creates once every hundred years. It increases their chakra by 10 times, and makes them a lot stronger... but it shortens their lifespand... and since they have a Jinchuriki they had a weapon that other villages wouldn't want to cross... the third strongest one as well.' Naruto thought in distaste, not liking how that sounded even in his head for a second. He hated it actually, because he was suppose to be the same thing... he was the same thing. He just didn't have to rely on the power inside of him with a dutiful teacher like Erza and his friends helping him.