Chapter 28 The Land of Whirlpools

"How do I get passed these?" Naruto asked with a raised eyebrow. He was currently standing on top of the water, using his chakra to keep himself from sinking under the current. He had starteds his journey out of the village a few days previously, and he had been running most of the way to his first destiniation for training. Of course, nobody was allowed to see him off on his journey because him leaving the village was a top secret. Naruto was SURE that the Third Hokage had sent somebody to tail him, something Erza and Kushina both agreed that the old man had done for Naruto's protection.

He had already left the Land of Fire days ago, and he had passed the Land of Hot Springs before he reached the ocean.

The Village of Hidden Eddies was only a few miles of the coast of both the Land of Fire and the Land of Hot Springs, but Naruto had started off at the closest point being the Land of Hot Springs. After that, it didn't take much walking over the waters, about 6 hours of running and walking to be more exact, before he came to the first real problem in his path.

The small island Land of Whirlpools... was surrounded by whirlpools that he couldn't walk around. They were all powerful and close together, though he could see the actual island itself not very far away. He would try and jump, but thw whirlpools were scattered a good distance around the perimeter of the island. He couldn't simply jump over them, and swimming through them wasn't an option.

"Any advice on this Kushina?" Erza asked with a raised eyebrow, looking into Naruto's eyes so that Kushina could see her.

"Well... normally we just swam through them actually. We Uzumaki were raised around whirlpools all out lives, and with our amazing stamina, chakra, and life force we adapted to the whirlpools... we gained the strength to swim across them. Not to mention a lot of us had Wind and Water release, so we could just... make them pause for awhile." Kushina said in an unhelpful way. When you were raised for much of your young life around whirlpools, then you learned how to swim inside of whirlpools. There was no great secret to getting around them, no great jutsu that only Uzumaki could do that would let Naruto safely pass the whirlpools.

If you were skilled enough in Water or Wind release, were strong enough to jump or swim across, or could fly, then you could gain access to the whirlpool nation.

"That is... actually pretty cool. So you can swim across this right?" Naruto asked Kushina with a glint in his eyes that only Erza could see.

"Well... yeah?" Kushina stated in a questioning way. Naruto's body glowed and he exchanged his armor that he was wearing, before he switched into a different armor that he knew about but never actually used in battle before. This armor was MUCH more revealing than the other armors he wore, and Erza nodded in appreciation when she saw him summon one of her elemental empress armors that would actually help out in this situation. The Sea Empress armor that gave extremely high water resistance, and granted the user the ability to manipulate water and increases their swimming ability 20 fold what it was before. He was wearing long green fishscale-like armored leggings that went up to his mid-thigh, and on each side of his hips were green seastar-like armor plates with a light green cape travelling around his backside. He wore a simple black bikini bottom, and his stomach was completely uncovered with his only his ribs and a bit of the front side of his chest being covered by green armor that looks a bit like kelp. It hung off him loosely at the sides, flaring out a bit.

His shoulders had blue plates on them, and in front of that were blue fin-like decorations. His arms, up to his elbows only, were covered in green metal with a blue gem on the elbow with fin-designs on it. He a green high collar around his neck, on top of his forehead and framing his face was a blue armored head protector with lighter blue fins on the sides covering his ears.