Chapter 26 Training Days

"Eating your failure away huh?" Kakashi asked as he sat next to Naruto. He had just heard from the Hokage that Naruto had failed his first high ranking mission, though not entirely because of normal reasons, because he had run out on the village before the treaty could be made. Apparently Naruto and Yugao weren't a very good team, and she hadn't done her job properly and keep him from picking a fight with somebody or falling to taunts. His temper was well known as the second coming of the Red Hot-Blooded Habanero, funny because that was his mother's nickname.

It was a shame she died when she did, only 24 when she died and a new mother. Dying and leaving her son without a parent, though when the Kyuubi had been extracted from her she had little chance of living anyway. She may have gotten a day of life or so, but the autopsy had shown she had been dying even before being impaled.

Naruto, taking after his mother, was currently at Ichiraku Ramen eating his troubles away with a ton of ramen already stacked up by the bowl.

"Kakashi! He sure has changed since Obito's death, and Rin's death. He sure aged." Kushina inside of Naruto exclaimed in surprise at seeing the laid back attitude that Kakashi seemed to have about him. It was obvious that she knew Kakashi, and cared for him and apparently two other people a lot if she refered to them with such affection in her voice.

"Shut up Kakashi-sensei, I didn't want to get married!? Is that so wrong?" Naruto grumbled with annoyance clear in his tone, having tuned out his mother for the time being. Kakashi sat down on the stool next to Naruto and gave Naruto a pat on the back.

"Of course not, one Miso Ramen please, but that doesn't mean you should have abandoned the mission. Of course, I heard that you had been chased by a group of ninja the entire way back to Konoha... so you didn't really have a choice." Kakashi said helpfully, and not much longer later a bowl of ramen was laid out in front of Kakashi. Naruto looked at Kakashi for a moment, before he decided that he was curious about something.

"I've only been back in the village for like 40 minutes now, how did you even know that I was here?" Naruto asked with a raised eyebrow. His question having some merit to it, while Kakashi sent Naruto a slightly raised eyebrow on his one visible eye.

"I saw you walking to the Hokage Tower, you seemed to look depressed. I asked Lord Third after you left his office." Kakashi stated, and Naruto looked at Kakashi again, before he snorted when he saw that the bowl of ramen was already empty. Further making the mystery of Kakashi's face just that, an eternal mystery.

"Well thanks Kakashi-sensei, your pep talk was very good." Naruto said as he hopped off the stole and left the ramen stand behind. He smirked to himself as he walked away a good distance, knowing that he had just left Kakashi with the bill to his meal as well. A shout of surprise moments later proved this to be true that Kakashi was expected to pay for Naruto's meal, a good 16 bowls of ramen, his favorite comfort food... and normal food. The only reason he hadn't had it later was because he wanted to avoid ending up like Erza.

He didn't want to die of a heart attack damnit.

"The cake was a lie." Erza stated with a betrayed look on her face. Naruto laughed a little and jumped up towards the nearest roof, before he roof hopped towards the training ground that he would be using for his training. Normal people would rest after coming from a mission, but Naruto wasn't one of those people. He would just get right back to training to become as strong as possible, his potential for strength was very well known.

First Naruto would switch into his Lightning Empress Armor and create 300 Shadow Clones, and then he would switch into his Flame Empress Armor and create 300 more clones. After that he would change into his Flame-Hakama outfit to train without armor at all. Then he would create 300 clones to practice the Rasengan he was working on, the Jutsu that was the only clue to who his father was. Naruto felt that for some reason that should be a really big hint, but he was missing it. He was already close to getting the jutsu down, but he was having trouble combining the first and second steps of the jutsu. He could form the jutsu, but based on what the picture of the jutsu showed him he didn't have it mastered just yet.