Chapter 40 Easier than you think

Start from the beginning

"These Tailed Beasts... I have only seen a partial transformation from Gaara and the Nine Tails inside of yourself. They are very... scary." Erza said truthfully, knowing just how powerful these creatures seemed to really be.

She was great at sensing, and the few times she stood in front of the sage of the Nine Tailed Fox she felt like she was standing in front of something that could bring about the end of the world. She had seen dragons in her lifetime that could destroy mountains, but this creature TOWERED over the dragons that she had seen in her life easily. That was the limit to a dragon's destructive power, a mountain or VERY small island... and those were the stronger dragons. From what she could sense, a Tailed Beast could wipe out the race of dragons on it's own, and then destroy the Wizard Saints for the hell of it... all 10 of them at the same time without a doubt.

She was actually afraid.

She had a justified fear of ever letting Naruto attempt to train in controlling that inhuman beast of power. She was amazed that Naruto lacked that fear, and demanded the the creature pay up it's chakra as rent for living inside of him. She wouldn't so much as be able to scratch a Tailed Beast, just like she hadn't been able to even scratch a dragon. Only, a Tailed Beast would destroy her without even registering her as a threat.

'Scary? The big ass ball of fluff has a lot of rent to pay before I consider him scary.' Naruto thought with a roll of the eyes. Showing he was either amazingly brave, or amazingly stupid... more than likely a lot of both if it weren't for Erza teaching Naruto about book learning, and Shizune teaching him much the same thing for the first month they travelled together. While he was no longer an idiot... he was still very hyper and stupid much of the time.

"You are really something. So after this, what do you plan on doing?" Erza asked, and Naruto tilted his head and thought about it.

'Either go home, or use my remaining time left on my training trip to find the Three Tails. It doesn't have a host, so somebody need to warn it about the Akatsuki.' Naruto thought back to her, with Erza's eyebrows raising above into her hair.

"Why?" Erza asked, wondering what his logic behind his choice was.

'Well... why not? Anyway, Kisame ripped my own original eye out and busted me up pretty bad. Anything to piss of the group he works with is enough reason for me to warn the Tailed Beasts. I don't like the thought of them getting the Nine Tailed beasts together anyway... it makes my stomach jerk.' Naruto thought with a frown as he saw a source of light getting closer and closer to him as he swam up.

"You are weird, but you have a good point. The thought of such cruel people getting the beasts doesn't sit right with me." Erza agreed with him. While she didn't agree with his plan, she wouldn't speak against it. It was his choice to make, and if he wanted to get hurt along the way when it was her job to help him stand back up and grow stronger than before so that when he did the same thing, he didn't fail a second time.

Naruto placed his hand on top of the water, before he pulled himself into a standing position and on top of the water itself. Naruto shook the water off his body, before he grinned.

"Well... at least that beats having sand in my panties. Though I wish that the water wasn't so freaking cold in the tunnel." Naruto said as he changed clothes and got back into a the outfit that he wore under his Heart Kreuz armor. While Erza had wore a white blouse under the armor with black gloves, Naruto was simply wearing a Black V-neck shirt with short sleeves. He didn't wear the gloves since he wasn't wearing the metal armor gauntlets, and attached to the side of his skirt was the Celestial Spirit Key case.

Naruto jumped up to the nearest tree and hid in the shadows of the leaves when he heard somebody coming, and leaning down low he used the branches to concel him while ninja passed under him. He was rather good at supressing his chakra, even though most ninja's weren't sensor types and couldn't sense it unless he was actually trying to make them sense it. Senser types could sense him right away, but those that weren't like that were blissfully ignorant to the fact that he was nearby, and could thus prank them if he wanted to.