S2-79 | The Child King

~Author's note in the end... 

'Without darkness, there would be no light'-Anonymous

Scarlet Legacy Part Two

S2-79 | The Child King

~Honey LeChat

The little girl in the mirror was no stranger.

I recognized the blue-green eyes

The familiar face

The sadness and confusion reflected in them were not new to me.

They were mine. For she was me and I was and is still her.

The realization bloom on me, compelling a tightness in my chest. I had to exhale the breath I was holding and inhale a lungful.

"Beatriz," I said the name aloud and the little girl in the mirror perked up. She wiped away her tears and stared at me with those blue-green eyes with what looked like relief.

Her small hand pressed against the mirror on the other side and I did the same.

"I'm sorry." I murmured as I watched the reflection fade until I could finally see myself.

A twenty-year-old girl with rich auburn waves falling past her shoulder stared back at me. I felt the urged to claw out the blue eyes because I knew it was not mine. It was never mine. But now I could clearly see the truth.

I finally know who I really am. Who I am supposed to be.

I am Beatriz Ilgestrom.

~Battlefield

Jonah stepped into the clearing, his expression determined. The force that had held down almost all men on the battlefield did not affect him at all. He walked with fluid grace, his head held high as if he was wearing a crown. His blue eyes were like clear skies after a raging storm had passed.

He was the child king, but a king nonetheless.

On his hand, he held a dagger with the crest of the Romanov engraved on its golden handle.

Olivia smiled and walked towards him. They stopped a few feet, facing each other.

"I knew you'd be magnificent, considering your mother had been my former vessel."

Jonah clenched his fist. He hated how her words brought back the dark memories of her mother. "Release her. You are a parasite."

Olivia snickered. "I won't. And even if I wanted to, the girl had already been cast away."

"No. She is there. I could feel her and you could too."

Olivia bristled at his words.

"But she won't be able to rise. In a few minutes, her full strength would come back." Ilhea spoke and Olivia grinned. "Don't meddle in this. I can take care of it myself"

Ilhea and Honey's mother promptly vanished.

And as if to prove her strength, Olivia stared hard at Xathos. His movements become strained as the scarlet eyes took effect on him too.

She then gazed back at Jonah and the smile in her face, the glimmer in her eyes told him her next words were meant to strike him. He steeled himself as she spoke. But no amount of preparation could have stopped the shock and coldness that engulfed him when he heard her say,