S1-28 | Betrayal

S28.Betrayal

I was running, every step made my heart beat faster. My mind was cloudy, my heart heavy with a feeling akin to jealousy and yet my mind reeled at the very thought.

Again, how could the mind and heart oppose each other too much?

I needed to get away from him and her. A sneer made its way to my face as I remembered Jamie's cheerful smile but my throat felt dry, knowing she is just a child and yet my heart could not be pacified, and my feral side too shaken up it felt betrayed by him.

I stopped in a small clearing. I didn't know where I was but the scent of the forest gave me the calmness I needed to screw my mind -and my wayward heart right, or so I hope.

My senses prickled with awareness and my heart tugged painfully in my chest. I whirled around and found Roarke standing a feet away from me, staring at me with ice cold eyes. I unconsciously shivered from his intense gaze and warily stepped away from him.

No emotion showed in his face aside from the slight narrowing of his eyes. He started to take a step and I held up my hand, stopping him. "Stay there please." I found myself pleading him.

I didn't have any control of my emotion and they were all over the place. I knew what his proximity could do to me and I know that I wouldn't be able to defy the urge to give in to him.

"What's wrong?" he asked, his deep voice washing over me like a caress.

I didn't expect the anger that bubble up within me. I pinched my lips together, trying to calm myself. My hands flexed. I was sure I was seconds from shifting, sure that my eyes had shifted to gold.

"You avoided me for two weeks and you asked what's wrong?" I hissed under my breath, counting silently to establish any sort of calmness.

He had the gall not to look guilty, his eyes as clear and expressionless as before. It unnerved me further. Why do I have to feel too much for him? It felt like the bond was a one way road to hell. I cursed it and him, definitely more of him.

"I am not avoiding you." He said coolly it irritated me more.

I took a deep breath and glared at him with all the hate I could muster. "You made Henry trained me, you never did once check how I was doing. You won't even look at me. Was this because of Jamie? Was it because you turned another one?" I asked breathlessly and when my words finally sink in to me, I felt the embarrassment and tide of heat rising in my cheeks. I turned away from him and started to walk away. I hate myself too much that time and as much as I want to blame my words to the madness I was feeling, more than half of it was true.

"Was it bothering you?" He asked coldly, unfeelingly that I whirled back again to face him, my teeth gnashing in anger. "No! I don't care!" I screamed at him, panting ever so slightly. He took a step towards me and another and another and with every step I took equal steps back, my eyes pinned on his.