S1-12 | Punished

Vote and Comment if you like the story. Thanks a lot!

XII. Punished

I blindly followed Yuan as we entered through the balcony into the great hall. Chris and Ella were following behind us. It was too silent. Even the music in the hall had stopped. I could feel every eyes on me as we traversed the center of it. Up ahead, in a throne placed in a middle of a platform three steps higher from the ground was Roarke. He looked gorgeous and terrifyingly in a foul mood.

There were people gathered around him, offering things -gifts maybe but his attention was not on them for his gaze was trained on me. I held in my breath as we approached the throne. The murmurs stopped completely and I fidgeted on my spot, wishing for the second time that night if the earth could open up and devour me.

Roarke rose smoothly from his throne. His electric blue eyes were cold and swirling on its depth was his anger on a tight leash.

Yuan bowed but I was too stunned to move and follow him.

"Oh my! That foolish woman does not respect the master." I heard a female voice's said. I looked at my right side and found a girl with fiery red hair looking at me with scorn. I instinctively glared back. What the hell was her problem?

"You should bow before him, woman." One of the old men gathering around Roarke said coldly. "Like this." He said and demonstrated it slowly, mockingly.

I gritted my teeth and instead of following his lead, raised my chin high and stared defiantly ahead. Shocked and outrage gasps resounded in the room.

"Do you not think you should punish this female, Roarke?" the old man said condescendingly.

My heart beat started to rise. Roarke's eyes narrowed, the swirling anger in his eyes stilled in focus.

"And what punishment do you think befits her?" he asked coldly.

The old man's eyes lit with malice.

"You should sent her to the dungeons. Chain her with silver." He said. Murmurs filled the room.

"Silver. The very touch burns!"

"I would rather die quickly than be chained by it."

I shivered in fear and took a couple of steps back. The guards were quick to stop me and pushed me forward. I almost stumbled at the foot of the platform had I not caught myself.

"Tell me Malcolm, do you know this female standing before us?" Roarke asked.

The old man, Malcolm shook his head and smirked. "I do not. She must be of the lowest ranking family. You should not have invited such filth in this celebration."

Roarke hummed. He stood up slowly.

"Shall I tell you who she is?"

Roarke who was still wearing his nonchalant façade started to descend the steps. He stopped in front of me, our toes touching. He looked down at me intently and I almost drowned in his blue eyes and primal scent. Yet there was something in him that told me I was safe, how incredulous that may sound.

Malcolm glared at me. "I do not wish to know her name."

"This woman is Honey LeChat. She is my first turned." Roarke announced, ignoring Malcolm's words. He then looked back at him, blue eyes swirling to gold. I could see his shoulders were tense with fury but I am now sure it was not directed at me.

"Do you wish me to punish this filth Malcolm?" he asked in a low voice. I flinched at the reference he used. The hall was silent. No one dared make a sound.