S1-4 | Trapped

S4. Trapped

I wanted to escape, to hide, to run away.

He followed me here. I didn't know what he wanted. He murdered the Collins a year ago but he saved me from an unknown man. His action and intention didn't match with each other. The English literature went off smoothly and as soon as the class was over, I made a mad dash out of the room. I can't believe I just spent two hours in a closed space with him. Roarke Romanov was made of ice not only that, his every move was flawless, perfect beyond belief. The way he spoke words were like he was seducing everyone in the room. I wasn't affected but it was distracting to watch every other girl in class looked up at him like he was a Greek God.

More like the devil himself.

I can't believe someone as dangerous as him would show up in a public place such as a local community college. He was still following me, why I have no idea. I was far from being a threat to him. Even though I did give his description with the police officers, the case had already been put on hold or maybe he came back because he wanted a clean slate. I shivered in fear at that thought.

A sudden tap on my shoulder made me scream.

I looked wide-eyed at my equally stunned best friend and glance at some of the students who were looking at me like I had finally lost it.

Liza wheeled me around to the direction of the cafeteria, her brows scrunched up.

"What's that about Honey? Are you having those nightmares again?"

I nodded, at loss for words. I could still feel my hands trembling.

"Seriously, I think you should go see help or something."

I glared at her and immediately pulled away from her grip. "I don't need a shrink Liza. I'm not insane." I pointed out and picked out a seat farther away from the rest. Some of them were already looking at me strangely. In between what happened in English Literature and my sudden scream, I'm sure they're looking at me as a crazy person right now. Ever since the Collin's murder, they had been treating me differently, as if they were expecting me to crack.

"I'm sorry. I'm just worried about you."

I sighed deeply, feeling the rush of guilt. "It's okay. I'm sorry too." I murmured, massaging my temple to ease some of the dull ache.

"Oh my God."

My head snapped up as she said those words. My eyes followed where she was looking and instantly froze when I spotted Roarke Romanov talking to another professor. He turned his head on my direction and our eyes met. I quickly looked away feeling my heart beat race.

"I thought they were just exaggerating when they said the substitute teacher was hot!" Liza exclaimed, fanning her face.

When I didn't say a word, she pouted and sighed. "Come on Honey. He is hot. Oh wait, he's the substitute professor for Mrs. Kevlar. You're lucky you have English Literature with him."

I promptly zoned out of what she was saying as soon as she said lucky. On the contrary, I felt like the unluckiest girl in the world. Liza will surely be all over me if I told her the faux pas during English Literature.

The day passed by in a blur. I couldn't concentrate on any of my subjects, my thoughts were running in circles and they always end up with him and Mrs. Kevlar's condition.

If something happened to her- I shook my head, ridding my mind of those dark thoughts.

With agonizingly slow speed, I slid my things inside my bag and contemplated what I'm going to say to Jonah's murderer if I ever saw him again. I was angry but I was more scared that he had come for me. I wistfully looked out the window, grateful that I can finally go home without meeting him again. I watched all those students spilling out the school with carefree faces. For a moment, I was envious. I wished for a normal life too.