S1-35 | A Bond that Lasts Forever

S35. A Bond that Lasts Forever

A werewolf wedding was happening before my eyes. Come to think of it, no one did inform me when it was and I didn't bother to ask. I thought it will be similar to human weddings but right here, the ceremony felt like a primal ritual of claiming.

The moon cast its silvery light on Ella and Chris while the bonfire that crackled on the middle of the garden casted shadows. As Chris retracted his canines carefully, Ella moved, one hand caressed her lover's cheek and they stared at each other, lost in each eyes.

I tugged at Roarke's hand but he merely slid it down to my shoulder. I could feel his hot breath on my neck.

Chris tilted his head, baring the skin between his neck and shoulder for Ella.

I realized then he was shirtless as most guys in attendance except for Roarke. I gasped softly when Ella bit him. Chris hand tangled on her short hair and he placed an affectionate kiss at the side of her head.

"They're exchanging vows." Roarke whispered in my ear. I shivered as his lips lightly brushed into my skin as he spoke the words. It suddenly felt so erotic looking at Ella and Chris, as he slowly lapped up at her neck. It felt like we were interrupting something private.

"They're forging an unbreakable bond that will last forever." Tasha made her presence known when she spoke. She winked at me.

I squirmed, trying to put some distance between me and Roarke but one of his hands stayed tightly holding my hips close to him. His hand on my shoulder began to roam. I bit back a moan when one of his fingers traced his bite mark, sending sparks of electricity coursing through my body. My strength faded and I leaned to him weakly. My eyes drifted to the crowd and saw some other couples in an intimate embrace. I glance back at Ella and Chris, now in a passionate kiss.

I was powerless as Roarke's hand skimmed down my body. It felt like I was suddenly thrown on fire. Something was wrong, very wrong about it but I couldn't fight it. I felt his sharp canines teasing the skin of my bite mark but not enough to break through. I let out a pleading moan. Roarke shifted slightly, both arms hooked on my waist, anchoring me to him and then his canines sunk to my neck.

My hands quickly tangled to his hair, pulling him closer, egging him on. My eyes closed, savoring the pleasure of it as his tongue slowly lapped the blood.

Suddenly his grip tightened and he forced himself away. His breathing was heavy as he pulled me closer. I scented his arousal in the air and I realized it was not just us. The air was filled with the musky scent of lust. The wedding had triggered it, how, I have no idea.

"Whew, that was hot!" Henry exclaimed and another guy agreed. I felt my cheeks flush. I was sure Tasha and Henry saw that intimate display.

Ella and Chris were now stepping down the small platform with wide smiles on their faces as the crowd now cheered for them.

"What the hell just happened?" I muttered, still trying to muster my strength back up.

"It's the pheromones; they give off quite a lot, triggering unmated werewolves to feel their need." Roarke explained as he slowly let me go. I instantly craved his body heat but steeled myself and stood awkwardly as the couple went over to us first; Ella grasped my hands and pulled me in a hug.

"I am so glad you came!" she gushed. Chris smiled down at me as he pulled his wife close to him, placing a kiss on top of her head. Everyone could see how in love they were.

"I owe you this one." Chris smiled.

"You do." His reply was quick and honest. It was clear this two share a deep friendship.