S1-7.5 | Crave Part 2

Vote and Comment if you like the story. Thanks a lot!

"I hate to be defied, Ms. LeChat. I have to punish you."

I watched his incisor teeth sharpened, elongating until they resembled sharp fangs. Before I could react, his teeth sunk to my neck to the very same spot where the two punctured wounds are. I felt extreme pain, my knees trembled and I slid to the ground, absolutely powerless.

I saw him wipe the blood in his mouth. He looked down at me, electric blue eyes now two bright yellows,

"I own you."

VII. Crave Part 2

I could feel the hot liquid as it slowly trickle down from my neck. I was bitten by him yet I could not wrap my head around what happened. He was long gone, had disappeared in the shadows of the manor. His yellow eyes looked striking against his pale skin. It sparkled like two bright moons in a bleak evening. In that moment, the truth finally sink in. He was far from human.

Deep inside, you already know. The same wicked voice whispered tauntingly.

He looked just as cold a year ago, just as dangerous and every part of me screams for me to escape, to run and hide. Yet a part of me, the foolish part, hate the idea of being apart from him. It seemed like an hour before I finally found some strength to get up from the ground. The red dress I wore was soiled and even without looking in the mirror, I know I'm a mess. A bloody mess.

I stumbled inside, my eyes trying to seek out the way back to my room to find solace. With difficulty, I found the stairs, my hands gliding by the wall to help me up. I could see the well-lit hallway up ahead and soon, my bare feet touched the plush carpet and I traced it back to my room.

The door was open and I instantly know there was someone inside. My heart beat accelerated when I think of him being there. I couldn't face him yet. After what he did and what he said. I swallowed a lump in my throat and shakily enter the room.

Tasha stood near the bed, smoothing out the wrinkles in a pale yellow dress. I breathed out a sigh in relief. Her head instantly snapped up and she looked at me with a smile. But her smile instantly vanished the moment she saw what I looked like.

"Oh my God!" she hurried next to me just as my knees give in. I realized I have used almost all of my strength.

"What happened? You're bleeding!" she said alarmed and looked at my bloodied neck. Realization soon dawned in her pale blue eyes.

"Did Roarke do this?"

I nod stiffly, feeling the pain in my neck ricochet as the skin stretched around the wound.

"That stupid @sshole!"She spat and broke in a series of sharp phrases in a language I've never even heard before. It must be Latin or an archaic tongue long forgotten.

Tasha gently led me to the bathroom and help me washed up my wound. I slipped out of the horrible dress and took a quick bath. She let me wore a cotton t-shirt that she must have got from somewhere and a new set of lingerie.

"Thank you." I murmured softly as she clean my wound. The bleeding had stopped but the pain was still there, deeper than before as well as the hazy confusion in my head. The pounding in my head got worse as one question after another demands to be answered.

"W-what is he?" I blurted. What are you? Where am I? What does he want from me?

I pressed my lips firmly, suppressing the urge to blurt all the questions at once.

Tasha's hand which was dabbing a cotton in my wound stopped mid-air. I heard her sigh deeply then resumed what she was doing.

"P-please..." my voice was hoarse, shaky. I was on the verge of a mental breakdown.

Tasha's hands fall down her lap. A quizzical expression shone in her face as she contemplated how to answer.

"Have you watched the Underworld? That film about vampires and lycans." She looked amused as she recalled the film but I'm sure my expression was the complete opposite. My brows furrowed in confusion. I didn't know where she was going with this but I decided to answer.

"Yes. I did."

She chuckled. "You can say I'm a Lycan. Though the real term would be Werewolves" She said demurely. Her red lips stretched into a wolfish grin and her blue eyes slowly morphed to yellow. In a blink, I am staring at the exact replica of Roarke's golden eyes, although this one held mischief while Roarke's are full of icy indifference.

In a flash, as if it never happened before, her eyes turned back to blue. She looked at me expectantly, gauging my reaction. I must have looked stoned -I am - she looked slightly disappointed with my lack of expression.

"You must still be in shock. I've read you humans tend to react more than gaping." She pursed her lips.

A chuckle escape my lips, and another until I was laughing fully -almost robotically. The kind that was stomach-clutching, waist-bending laugh that can knock the air out of your lungs and leave you gasping for breath.

And then the ugly thing happened -reality sink in.

The chuckles turn to sobs, loud, ugly sobs with hiccups. The tears fell aimlessly down my cheek. Tasha rub my back soothingly and I let it all out -the anger, frustration and fear. I must be insane for believing her but every clue was there, every missing piece of the puzzle. It explained the wolf from the murder and the wolves from the road. It explained the color of their eyes and their different behavior.

"It's okay. I didn't expect you to take it all in. The last time I divulge the secret of our kind, I was attacked claws and all. I'm glad you didn't." Tasha said with a wry smile.

I wanted to tell her that will not be possible since I don't have claws or anything but I didn't comment then. Instead I turned to more pressing matters. The ones that were bugging me the most.

"H-he bit me and he said he owned me. What did it mean? Please tell me." I pleaded desperately as I stared into Tasha's eyes. I was terrified. When Roarke said he owned me, a part of me responded, almost yielding to the declaration. That part felt raw, different, unknown and dangerous. It called to him strongly.

"I'm sorry but I can't tell you, it's not my place to tell. " She said softly and stood up from the bed.

I suddenly feel so angry at her that I wanted to lash out. "Then answer this! Why did he kill Jonah's parents? Why is he trying to get Jonah? At least tell me the answers to that!"

She looked back at me, her blue eyes suddenly glowing yellow. A chill went up my spine as she shot me a dark look. "They deserved to die." She said in a low voice and then she started for the door. Before slipping out, Tasha glanced back, her eyes shone with regret. "I'm sorry. This is for your own sake." She whispered and closed the door behind her. I heard a faint click of the lock and realized with dread that she had locked me up.

It was the very thing I am afraid to know - I am a Prisoner.

Y