S1-43 | Justice Awaits

S43. Justice Awaits

Recap:

My heart beat stopped. My head spun and I feel like I was in a nightmare again.

How?

Why?

Questions bombarded my mind as his blue eyes flickered to me. He smiled. His smile was gentle and yet so sinister and dark.

This man was supposed to be dead.

The man standing in front of us, claiming he was Roarke's brother was no other than...

Tristan Evans, my first love.

"Were you surprised?" He asked, a smirk forming on his lips. There were no signs that he was in an accident. He looked just the same and my wretched heart squeezed painfully at the sight of him. Emotions swirled inside me, toppling one another.

"B-but you died..." I trailed off as he snickered.

"It was part of the theatrics to get you. To infuse you with guilt." He explained nonchalantly. The coldness in his voice pierced through my heart. I could still picture his bloody form after the car crash so vividly it brought pain to my head.

"But you...you were-" My head spun at the anomaly of what's happening.

He was Tristan Evans. A police officer who had been there for me ever since the Collin's accident and my mom went to coma. That picture started to crack and eventually shatter in my mind.

A different person stood in front of me. A person who had been behind all the pain that I suffered, all the psychological chaos I had to endure.

I wanted to feel anger and yet as I mustered that emotion I came up with nothing. Was it because I was too tired to even feel that sliver of emotion?

How could I miss the underlying coldness in his blue eyes?

A small voice in my head whispered that I already saw the sign back at the hospital and chose to ignore it.

"I am Tristan Haven. Your master's little brother. " he announced and glance back at Roarke. I couldn't see his expression as his back was still turned to me.

"Did you think I was dead?" he asked and grin, spreading his arms as if presenting himself.

"Did you miss me big brother?"

"You're not my brother. My brother was long dead." He answered stiffly.

Tristan chuckled. "But I survived. I became like you. "

Roarke breathed in harshly. "Who turned you?"

I didn't like the way his eyes lit up with malice at the question. As if he was entertained by an internal joke the words invoke.

"I am told not to tell you. Let's just say you have already met him."

"You...Why the hell are you doing this? You should've come to me. "

Tristan's laugh was cold and daunting. "Why the hell would I do that? You will kill me like you did our mother and father. "

Roarke clenched his jaw at the mention of his past again.

"I did what I have to do."

Tristan smiled sadly. "And I am doing what I have to." His eyes flickered to me as he added. "You took everything away from me."

My vision blurred as the exhaustion finally consumed my ample strength. My legs trembled and finally give away under me. I forced my eyes open, trying to look at Tristan and Roarke one more time but the darkness beckoned me back to the void of nothingness and I receded, too weak to resist.