7- Brothers By Anger

Start from the beginning

Like every other year, Aditi leaves Jaanvi's birthday gift on the table at the café.

____

After the dinner everyone cut her cake later on the night. Wishing her with their blessing she was heading of the bed when she saw a dark figure on her bed. Turning the light on Jaanvi sees Kiaan reading the magazine comfortable as if it's his room. His territory.

"Good night," She attempts to sound as nice as possible. Like always, it naturally came out rude and impatient. Blinking to the harsh light and adjusting his eyes, he stands up placing the magazine on the desk. His hands are in his pocket looking at her from head to toe. As if memorizing her attire.

"What?" She exclaims folding her arms across her chest feeling self-conscious.

"I couldn't wish you properly," he shrug, "I came to wish you."

She took a few steps back, making an effort to read him. "Ok, t-then w-wish." Her voice was low and shaky clearly showing uncomfortable and unfocused she feels under his dark gaze.

"Happy birthday stubborn cat." Within a second he was in front her. Before she could react or change her facial expression he kissed her cheeks lightly. "I don't know why you said yes bu-but," he pauses whispering in her ear sending shivers down her spine. "But thanks, I guess? M-mom really likes you and I love her so, yeah, thanks." He move back from her and witness her standing like a statue.

Currently she was trying to understand what actually happened. "Wow, you're acting like a girl." He chuckles throatily looking at her.

This made her frown, narrowing her eyes she hisses, "What do you mean 'acting like a girl?' I am a girl."

It was either his talent of irritating her or he just had one of those faces that vex people easily. "Look at you, half of the time you're acting all tough and strong. But at the same time you blush, like girls." He retorts putting his hands inside his jeans pocket.

"Look at you," she said looking at him disgustingly "Half of the times you're acting like a bastard and mean. But at the same time you're emotional, like girls." She response feelings proud of her choice of words.

"I'm not emotional!" Kiaan protests harshly looking into her coco bean like eyes. "This was a mistake, to wish you." He points at the floor with a sickening expression.

She scoffs walking towards her bed, "You were a mistake, that's why you have two younger siblings. And you can't lie to me, I can tell when someone lying."

"How dare you?" He simmers turning around and follows her to the bed. He was furious, "Least my parents could fix their mistake! Unlike you—" He trails off cursing himself for being so nasty.

Her revengeful face displaces sadness and hurt but she quickly covers it with a victorious smirk. "I just made you accept that you were a mistake, oh I'm so smart." She praises her own self charmingly.

"You're impossible! You should be sad but no," he taunts unbelievably. He accidently said something horrible outlining that her mother was dead yet she didn't care. If only he was quick enough to see her heart-breaking face a few second ago.

"My life will be hell with you." All the teasing and jokes were flying out the window. He was incapable of understanding her. He was furious, angry and pissed with her bizarre behaviour.

"I'm glad you know." Was all she says.

"Jaanvi, li—" Kiaan pauses seeing her looking uninterested. Running his hands through his hair he storms out her bedroom leaving her all alone in her pool of sadness.

'Least my parents could fix their mistake! Unlike yours'

Looking out her window she feels fresh tears blurring her vision. "No. No. NO." She screams to herself and closes her eyes tightly. Biting her lips she stopped herself from yelling out in anger. When that eventually didn't work she covers her mouth with her hand and bites into her fingers to stop the pain from eating her heart out.

____

Kiaan's Pov:

I was happy. Happy that she agreed, happy that mom's wish came true, happy that dad will help me with my debts now.

But something was missing.

At the same time I wanted her to say no. I had issues, anger issues. I don't realise when my relaxed self turns into a beasty hulk.

I've seen jaanvi growing up. I've seen her from day one. I did say mean things but I never meant it. Her marrying me means lifetime of torture. I can't change my lifestyle, not for her. Not for anyone.

It's wrong. I know it but at the same time I didn't want to stop the arrangements.

____

Author's Pov:

"Just tell mom, please? Tell her that you don't want to get married." Kajal spat walking inside Kiaan's bedroom which was occupied by Dhruv too. They weren't in the Ahuja house anymore. Their father insisted Ansh to let them go. They couldn't stay at their soon-to-be daughter-in-law's house now that they were bounded by a pure relationship.

"What's your problem Kajal?" Dhruv snaps for the first time today. "Kiaan is old enough to make his decisions, why are you acting like a bitch?" He's fed up with her complains.

"Dhruv." Kiaan warns with his scary expressions.

"No Bhai. First she taunted Rashi and then Jaanvi. What's your problem? They did nothing to you. Don't you care about mom? You know she has heart problem yet. How can you even think of cancelling the damn wedding?" Dhruv has never been this angry.

He turns to his brother, now glaring at him too, "Don't break mom's or uncles heart. Sometime the decisions we're not sure about turn out to be lifetime happiness. And I certainly do see you happy with Jaanvi." His tone was much quitter then before keeping in mind to respect his elder brother .

"He doesn't like her. I'm telling you Tina is better."

"Bhai wants a wife, not a whore." Dhruv raises his voice removing the blanket of his body. Standing up he wore his t-shirt glaring at Kajal. "Stay away from her, or one day I'll forget you're my sister. I mean it." His voice was murderous and punishing to hear from his mouth. Saying this he left the room.

Dhruv hates Tina. After all, they were both brothers and both have anger issues. Dhruv was just better at controlling it in contrast to Kiaan.

"Bhai," Kajal winces "I like Tina."

Kian could yell at anyone, just not at Kajal. She was my baby sister. Seven years younger than him. "I don't." He says truthfully but kindly in a gentle father like tone to help her understand. "Dhruv is right. Now get that Tina out of your head and start accepting Jaanvi as your sister-in-law. It's my life Kajal, and I don't want to marry someone I don't like." He was shocked—and surprised—at his own words.

"Never!" Sighing at his twenty year old sister he walks inside the bathroom.

Jaanvi VS Kajal. He thought while showering, "God, I'll be in hell for sure." He knew Kajal will taunt Jaanvi after they get married but he also knew Jaanvi won't spare Kajal. At last, he'll have to choose a side.

Married My Enemy
Edited On – 26/04/2020 (5:27 p.m.)