"I'm sorry," Dante sniffs, nodding vigorously as he shuffles back and stands up. Suddenly he's towering over me, almost at the same height as William. "I'm sorry," he repeats, running his fingers through his hair frustratingly.

"How did you know she was here?" I ask, wondering if I should reach out to comfort the tall man. I can't believe he's standing in front of me, shamelessly letting his tears fall despite the fact that he's a well-known lawyer and that I've never seen him crying like this before. I don't think I've seen him crying at all.

"The media," Dante's shoulders slump, and I feel as William's fingers find the small of my back.

"And connections," he mumbles softly. I nod. Of course, he and Saara have a lot of mutual friends. They'd been together for seven years after all.

"Mum called me," He finally admits. I'm left a little stunned. Khala called him... Khala still doesn't know?

"Saara didn't tell her yet I guess," he answers my silent question even before I can ask. Then his eyes glance at where William's hand is. Instantly I find his surprised eyes on me.

"This is my William, my boyfriend," I answer his unspoken question, feeling William's hold on me tightens. Surprisingly, he even pulls me slightly closer. Dante doesn't miss this move, his eyes snapping from William to me.

"You're dating again," He finally smiles, and for a second I think he almost looks sad.

"Yeah," I reply, shutting away any shadow of disappointment I hear in his voice. It's best not to go onto roads that have been long damaged and closed.

"I always thought you'd never date af —" he stops, then shakes his head, looking up at me apologetically, "Congratulations."

"Hi. Dante," Dante extends a hand towards William and for a second it feels like William won't take it.

He does. "William," his hand grips onto Dante's and they give each other's hand a shake.

"We should go in," I offer, I don't know if Dante should come in as well but I can't bring it onto myself to send him away after seeing him sob like a child. That and Khala did call him. Saara needs to solve this one by herself.

Walking into the room my eyes zero in on Khristian on the sofa, suddenly I can't help but feel like something horribly momentous is going to happen today. August is nowhere to be seen, and neither is Khala. I don't know if I should say my good prayers for this or not but say them regardless.

Saara's eyes find mine first, and she's only beginning to smile at me when Dante makes himself known.

"Oh my God," Dante hisses as he steps out from behind William's shadow, his eyes murderously roams over a suddenly very shocked looking Saara before he begins striding towards her, his arms reaching for her. I bite my lip and focus on Saara's and Khristian's reaction.

Khristian understands from the get-go. I see it in his expression as he looks at the devastated man rushing towards Saara. He looks resigned. He looks defeated. I feel bad. I feel like it's somehow my fault he's feeling this way. When did I begin to root for Khristian? My eyes move to Saara instead, and I watch as a dozen emotions rush through her face. Shock, anger, affection, familiarity, sadness. For a second she looks like she wants to open her arms and let Dante hold her while she cries. Then she looks like she wants to slap him across his face with those exact hands. But I do notice that she doesn't look at Khristian. Not even once. Not until he stands up and begins walking away.