Chapter 24 - Home Sick

As she entered her room with two bars of chocolate in one hand and her phone in the other, she noticed Ismail's long body on her bed. Stretched out and arms folded. Her heart skipped a beat as different scenarios played in her head for the reason he could be in her room. It had been awhile since he had set foot in her living room, talk about her room.

They no longer had one on one conversations without Zara or Gwaggo being there. And anytime she tried to when 'the leech' wasn't on him, he would avoid her like a plague.

"Why are you standing there like a stranger? Come in, come in." He said felicitously. Just then, Kameela knew why he was there. She walked further into her room and dropped her phone on the dressing table before walking to her bed and sitting beside his feet. She gave him her warmest smile before passing one chocolate bar to him and taking his foot in her hand and started massaging it.

She thought if she had him now she didn't know when next she would. This was an opportunity she had to grasp with two hands. She looked up to see him munching on his chocolate, smiling and eyes closed. She got him where she wanted.

"Ismail?" She called out with her sweetest voice.

"Hmm?" He answered back with his eyes still closed.

"It's been awhile since I had gone to see Mama and Baba. I was wondering if I could go tomorrow?" She ended with a questionable tone.

"Another time." He took another bite with his eyes still closed.

"When is another time?" Kameela tugged on. She didn't want to let go of the topic.

"When I say it is." He opened his eyes and dropped the rest of the chocolate delight on the bedside table. Kameela still had her hands on his foot with her mind flooded with ways on how she could coerce him to let her go when she felt his hands on her face.

She looked up to see a set of fiery eyes burning into her soul. Every thought of parents or visitation left her mind. All she could think about was quenching the fire, the thirst, the hunger.

|•|

The next morning, Kameela woke up before her alarm. Feeling refreshed and satisfied. She turned to her side to see  a sleeping Ismail. A flashback of the previous night popped in her head making a slow smile come up her face, shining like the morning sun. It felt magical. Then she thought it was because she hadn't done it in awhile. But she knew that one was different.

She rose up and went to take a shower before the adhaan. By the time she had come out, her bed was empty. She figured he'd gone to the mosque. She prayed and read her azkaar before taking a nap.

Waking up, her stomach had already began to rumble. She quickly brushed her teeth before heading downstairs to have the most important meal of the day.

After receiving an earful from Gwaggo after attempting to greet her, she walked to the kitchen lackadaisically. She felt nothing could kill her mood. Just after entering the kitchen, she saw her and yes, her joy died down a bit.

She was seated on her usual place. Back to chair, left hand rubbing her abdomen while her right hand was holding the two slices of bread together. Since she shared the news of her pregnancy, she always rubbed her stomach, especially when Kameela was in the room. Even when there was no bump. Kameela could see it showing now, which is mainly because of her insanely tight garments.

Kameela walked further into the kitchen and made breakfast for herself. She knew Zara was watching her every move but she could care less. As she dropped her plate of bread, egg and baked beans and her mug of warm milk, she sat down and ate her breakfast in her usual slow pace.