Chapter 14 - Unveiled

"How can you not know what your sister likes? What kind of siblings are you? What do both of you converse on?" Kameela complained as she picked the lilac gift box filled with soaps, perfumes and powder and walked towards the counter with Ismail following behind her with a basket of other gifts.

"There is a huge age gap. When she was born, I was in primary school and I didn't live with them. When she was in primary school, I was in a boarding secondary school. When she was in secondary school, I was in another country doing my degree. I'm closer to Aisha cause she lived with me at Gwaggo's for like two years and the age gap isn't that wide." He put his card in the P.O.S. as he waved it around, explaining himself.

"That doesn't matter. You should've tried to make a bond. So if you're told to write a eulogy, what will you write? 'She was my sister. She was x years old. She was fair in complexion with a long chiseled nose.' I bet I'm more of a sibling to her than you are." She said as they walked out of the store with plastic bags in their hands. As they walked towards the exit of the mall, Kameela saw a sight that made her eyes widen in surprise but her skin got coated in goosebumps in absolute horror.

"Um let's go to that store. I want to get cheese." She said turning around and pointing to a random store that sold gym equipments.

"We just got cheese two weeks ago. It couldn't have possibly finished." He said calmly but he was eager to get the day over with and go home.

"Am I not the one using it? It has finished. Let's goooo!!!" She dragged on as she pulled him away from the entrance of the mall as she saw them approaching, nearing them.

"Fine. Let's go. But you'll have to tel... Ahmad!" He said as he saw his ex school mate with a woman beside him and a child on his arm make their way into the mall. Kameela stood in her spot, her hands clung to Ismail's arm. She couldn't turn for two reasons

1) She didn't want to face the family Ismail beckoned on.

2) She didn't want the family Ismail beckoned on to see her.

"Ismail is that you? You have a way of appearing and disappearing anytime you willed. The last time we spoke was on my wedding day. You just called, never came for any event. I'm still hurt you know." Ahmad placed his free arm over his chest feigning hurt.

"Haba Ahmad, I told you I couldn't make it for the wedding. The least I could do is call."

"Okay I've heard you. I might consider forgiving you."

"Is that the bride?"

"Yes." Ahmad said a bit reluctantly like he was forced to answer.

"Sannu Amarya. Is that our daughter?" Ismail said as his attention shifted to the little girl in Ahmad's arm.

"This is Fadeela." He said as he tried passing the girl over to Ismail but she disagreed, wrapping her tiny arms around her father's neck. Which caused everyone to laugh asides Kameela who was happy that nobody had noticed her.

"Bappan naki zaki wa kyuya?"

"Don't mind her. She doesn't want the sweets I bought for her." Ismail's statement made the toddler turn her head anxiously towards Ismail with bright expectant eyes.

"Is that your sister?" Ahmad finally asked, which made Kameela's back straighten because she knew it was her he was referring to.

"She's my own Amarya."

"Amarya are you shy? Turn around. Let's see who made our very own Ismail finally settle." Ahmad pressured on. Ismail had to turn Kameela cause if it was left to her will, she wouldn't turn. As she was turned by Ismail, Ahmad realised who the lady was. The one he was ready to take home, to call his wife. Ready to shift mountains for her at anytime she needed it to be done. He didn't expect their next meeting to be like this.