Chapter 19 - Return Of The Dreaded

Kameela let out a huff as she splayed herself on her queen sized bed covered in white cotton sheets. She had just come back from the hospital. Her very first step to having kids. She tried her best not to get emotional but in a situation like hers, who wouldn't. She had to lie to Ismail that she was alright going alone cause she didn't want to see him look at her with pity. Getting pitied for a situation she found herself in was something she hated and avoided, that's why she kept her business to herself.

Turning to her right side, Kameela's nose pressed against her arm. In one quick motion, she stood up from her bed to take her shower. The scent of hospital was sprayed all over her body which intensely irritated her. On her way to the bathroom, the random date of the day appeared in her head. Like good news on a bad day, a smile found its way to her lips before it disappeared again. It was her birthday. On days like this, she would've been planning something spectacular for herself or her and her friends. But unfortunately, today wasn't upbeat enough for her to sit and plan. All she wanted to do was take a quick scrub and sleep.

In a matter of few minutes, Kameela had taken a shower and tossed herself back into her bed. Closing her eyes, she didn't have to count sheep before dozing off to the far away land.

Brrrnnggg!!!
Brrrnnggg!!!
Brrrnnggg!!!

She turned her head to face the source of the sound. She felt around the bed and found her phone. She answered the call without knowing the caller as her eyes were still shut.

"Hey kammy! Happy birthday love! I'm on my way now so hurry up and get ready." A confused Kameela finally managed to open her eyes a bit and look at the caller ID. It was Amina.

"Thanks. You're coming?" She said after she cleared her voice to try sounding awake.

"Were you sleeping?"

"Mhmm"

"You sound it. Yeah I'm coming. See you later." She said ending the call.

Kameela dropped the phone and looked the other way. She concluded she could sleep from then to 'later'.

After shutting her eyes for what felt like just a minute, she heard her room door open then the blinding lights went on.

"Oh my God!! Who in the devil's name are you?"

"The cousin that called you and told you to get ready an hour ago." She sighed before slowly opening her eyes.

"Relax would you. I'm not going to take an hour to get ready."

"Knowing you kammy, I believe that's a lie."

Kameela stood up from the bed and walked into the bathroom where she took another shower but this time wasted time as she let the hot droplets of water pelt her skin. Coming out, she met Amina fixing her make up.

"Told you I was going to be quick."

"Sure you were."

"How did you get in?"

"Charity opened the door for me. Just hurry up."

"You didn't tell me where we are going to." Kameela said as she settled on the cushioned stool of her dressing table in attempt to moisturise her subtle skin.