Chapter 12 - Doubts

Kameela's P.O.V.

It's a blessed Saturday morning. I woke up to the sound of rain. Is there any better alarm? I took a slow hot bath and I wore my koala onesie. Just so I can snuggle all day. I got myself a mug of warm milk then I started watching Friends from the first season again. That was my Zen. Well until my mum popped her head into my room.

"So you're awake?"

"Evidently Mama."

"Well you should get ready, Ismail's people are coming soon."

"Sure." My eyes drifted back to the screen. My mum popped her head back in again.

"I was wondering if you wanted to do the Kamu in an event centre or Bappa Sani's house."

"Anyone Mama. Your choice."

"Alright then." She left just to come back again.

"Do you want to stay here or go to Amina's during the wedding?"

"Mama!"

"Alright fine. Just hurry and dress up."

My mum has been really going all out for the wedding. The date hasn't even been fixed yet but she has already started preparing. My mum is more excited than me, the person getting married. I never thought my mother could be excited like this.

I haven't really spoken to him since the day at the hospital. Everything has suddenly become awkward and every topic seems to be sensitive. The last time we spoke, he told me he didn't want me to work after we get married. Giving flimsy excuses how he wants his wife to be at home anytime he came back or how he doesn't want any man looking at me. I wasn't having any of that so I just excused myself and well, we haven't spoken since then. I need time to myself. I mean, I'm going to be married to him for the rest of my life, by God's Grace anyways, so let me enjoy this time. The single pringle time. Actually, the engaged single pringle time. I haven't even told Deshane about it. I'm still trying to figure out the right time and how to deliver the news to her.

The wedding day will be fixed today. I asked my mum to tell my dad to make it a summer wedding because of my friends. Apparently, I will have to exit the house. So I decided to go to Amina's house. I changed my comfort clothes and left the house.

By the time we reached the house it had stopped raining. I slowly hopped off the car and headed to the front door. I knocked on the door and after a couple of seconds I heard somebody unlocking the door. The door slowly opened and I saw a young girl that I've never seen before. She greeted me and I nodded. I entered the house and asked her where Amina was and she pointed upstairs. I went straight to her room and found her busying herself with her work.

"Hey Mimi." I simply said with no trace of zeal as I walked to her bed and slammed my body on it.

"Hi." I could feel her looking at me. After a long moment of silence.

"Kammy?"

"That's my name."

"Are you okay? You don't look too happy. I thought by now I would've sent you out of my room because of the way you will be blabbing about your wedding."