Chapter 7 - Proposal

Kameela's P.O.V.

As I tried my best to close my eyes, I kept covering my face with my blanket and changing position. Maybe the darkness will take me back to Chris Brown's arms. Shutting my eyes, I just felt vast emptiness. I couldn't just go back to his arms, I was fully awake.

Sitting up on my bed, I feel around my blanket for my phone. I find it at the edge of the bed about to take the leap of faith. Picking it up and pressing on the lock button I see 4:31am on my lock screen. No point in going back to sleep. I stand up and stretch but something felt odd. I head to the toilet. I brush my teeth, did my ablution and leave the bathroom.

Walking into my office and settling down on my swivel chair, my bosses secretary and probably only friend at work, Maimuna walks into the office too.

"Morning." She grumbles as she sits on the chair on the opposite side of my table.

"Good morning to you too." I said as I look at her trying to figure out what made her mood go south.

So it was a meeting that we both had to attend because once again our boss 'couldn't make it'. I really do wonder what this man is always up to. Immediately after the meeting, I decide to go back home after dropping Maimuna at work. I can't come and kill myself.

I enter the house feeling tired and hungry. So I head towards the kitchen to see what TaRasulu cooked for lunch. Entering the kitchen I find my mum, Bello and TaRasulu doing one thing or another. Is there going to be a party?

"Is someone getting married?" I asked, speaking to no one in particular as I walk to a cabinet to get a cup.

"Yes, you." My mum said not sparing me a glance as she chops up onions on the board.

"Sureeee." And Childish Gambino is my husband. My mum doesn't even know how to be sarcastic. She never uses the tone.

"You're going to Manal's house today." My mum said. I don't remember telling my mum that I was going to anyone's house today.

"No I'm not." I said as I opened the fridge to get the milk.

"Yes you are. Amina is coming over to pick you up. So go upstairs and get ready now." She ordered me.

"But I want to stay home cause I'm tired. And besides, Manal doesn't know that we are coming." I whined as I poured the milk into the cup.

Dropping her knife down, "She does. Now go upstairs and get ready before I get angry." She said staring at me intensely.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes after I backed her because I was definitely not ready for a lesson on being rude to parents. Entering my room, I finish drinking my milk. Then I remove all my clothes while dancing around. I have a habit of doing that. I take off my contacts and have a nice slow shower and come out. While I was putting on my clothes, Amina enters my room.

"What is this sudden visit to Manal's house all about?" I said without any greeting.

"I don't know too. My mum just told me to come pick you up and head to Manal's house." She said plopping herself on my bed.

"Today is really weird. My mum is actually doing some kitchen work and she is sending me away to Manal's house as if she wasn't just complaining last week that we should give Manal and her husband space." I said as I hop up and down for my jeans to enter.

"Anyways, get your laptop so we could connect it to her TV and watch the new shows you got."

"Sure. Could you please pass that bag over there?" She hands the bag over to me and I put my laptop and charger inside. As I drop the bag on my desk I hear a knock.