Epilogue

//It all rests on the Donna//

It had been 5 weeks since Domenico had been born and the couple were in love with he little boy. He was generally well behaved and would only wake up at night for food and cuddles, which was better than other babies.

With everything calm and the baby here Alison was ready to bring back the topic again. 

The topic of Rosè.

Rosè's hearing was in 5 days time after being pushed back again and Alison wanted to see Rosè and talk to here before it was too late. But Alison knew that's Harold would be beyond against the idea and wouldn't want her to do so. So asking him would be difficult.

Alison waited until it was the night, Domenico was asleep in the cot next to their bed and both Alison and Harold had completed their nightly routine.

Harold walked back into the room after dealing with a phone call and got into bed next to Alison who was waiting for him.

"Harry, I need to ask you something and I need you to listen carefully" she said softly, taking care of the fact that their baby was next to them.

"What is it?" He asked giving Alison a questioning look.

"Rosè's hearing is next week and I need you to tell me where she is so that I can go visit her" she said, not asking for his permission, but telling him that she had every intention of going.

Harold face hardened and showed clear annoyance.

"Why ask me that? I'm not letting you see her"

"When I was pregnant, I agreed with you not wanting me to see her in case it brought more stress during my pregnancy.  But I'm not pregnant any more, our baby sleeping in the cot is proof of that"

"Pregnant or not it doesn't matter. She doesn't get to see you"

"This is my request, not hers"

"I'm sorry but I don't give two fucks"

"Language, our child is in here"

"Yes, the child who we almost lost because of her"

"But we didn't. He's here and he's safe and loved. Something that I can't say the same for Rosè who probably doesn't feel safe or loved right now"

"You know, it's starting to sound like your defending her actions. Might I remind you, if it wasn't her, that bastard wouldn't have got to you"

"I know that"

"Are you sure? Maybe you should look in the mirror. Have you forgotten how he's put those scares all over your body?"

Alison felt like she had just been punched in the gut after hearing Harold's harsh word. The many scars that she had left made her beyond insecure and had only just allowed Harold to see them.

"No I hadn't forgotten. But thank you so much for reminding me just how ugly my body had become" Alison voice had cracked as she spoke and the tears were trying to fall.

She pulled of the covers and stood up. She put in her robe and slippers, picked up Domenico, took her phone and left the room as fast as she could.

She went to Domenico's nursery and put the baby onto his cot. Alison then moved to the large couch near the bed and pulled it out, making it into a bed.
She then went to the closet and brought our two large blackets and placed the on the sofa bed.

"Alison" Harold said. He had immediately we regreted the words as soon as they came out but once they did he cannot stop them.

"Alison" he tried again.