LXIII

//slow//

40 weeks & 2 days

Alison signed as she lowered herself on the bed and lay on her side, her sleeping pillow supporting and helping her sleep.

"Now baby, it's about to turn 9pm which means that we need to sleep. You and I. So, please, take a break from all your movement and sleep. And when we wake up, Daddy will be back home soon" Alison said rubbing her bump and the baby let out a quick huddle of kicks.

Alison didn't really get a break from the movement. For the past few days, the baby had been extremely unsettled and would constantly be kicking and moving and that meant that Alison didn't really get a break from the movement.

So this prompted her to start going to sleep earlier in order to get as much as sleep as possible before the baby arrived

"I hope that means you'll stop now," Alison said before closing her eyes and letting sleep overtake her.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Alison lay in her room alone and tired. It was 11pm and she had yet to have any sleep because the baby was constantly wriggling around and moving. Alison carefully pushed her self up and touched her belly.

"Come on darling. Let mama sleep. I need it. Even if it is for a couple of hours"

I response, the baby chased her where her hand was and she smiled. That was them agreeing.

"Thank you"

Alison moved back to her side and held onto her sleeping cushion which was her saving grace.

Within a minute, Alison fell asleep, tired but content.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It was just past 4am when Alison woke up to a sharp pain striking her abdomen and it left her breathless. But as soon as it came, it left as she carefully sat up she started to wonder if this was it. She slowly sat up and managed to got herself off of her bed before heading to the bathroom. The sharp pain had also irritated her bladder and so she went to relieve herself. It was when she finished that she felt another sharp pain.

She was sure that it wasn't a coincidence and since she was past her due date, it could very well mean that the baby was on its way. When the pain subsided, she moved as fast as she could to get her phone and called Louise who was only down stairs. The phone rang twice before Louise answered.

Phone call

Louise: Alison. It's late. Are you okay?
Alison: I just felt a pain. It could be nothing but I'm past my due date and this could be it. The baby could be coming.
Louise: okay. I'm coming up.
Alison: alright.

End of phone call

Alison made herself stay calm. She hoped this wasn't it as Harold wasn't back yet. Labour always had a chance to go extremely quickly and she didn't want Harold to miss the birth. To preoccupy her worrying mind, Alison started to brush her teeth as if this really was it, it would be unlikely that she'll sleep again. Louise came in when she was still brushing, on the phone to Ferro who was awaiting the day he would finally have a niece or nephew.

By the time Alison finished brushing her teeth, Louise cut the phone, smiled and hugged her.

"I've just spoken to Ferro. He and I think that it is possible that you have started the first stages of labour. He's recommend that you open the labour app and start tracking the contractions of they occur and to stay calm and to occupy yourself. I'm going to phone the hospital and alert them that we may have to come in" Louise said softly.