LXII

//Bitchs, betrayal and baby shower//

37 weeks

They had left it late. The baby shower that is. It was originally meant to have happened when Alison was 32 weeks but with everything that happened, they pushed it back.

So at 37 weeks, Alison had her baby shower. It made Alison rather anxious as the baby could at any time now, and she really didn't want to go in labour during the baby shower. But at the same time, she knew that stress could bring about early labour, so she tried to stay calm.

The morning if the baby shower was interrupted by Harold's phone ringing at sometime between 5 and 6am. The two of the were facing each other whilst sleeping. Alison's maternity pillow in between them, supporting her, but their legs were tangled and they were holding each other. When the phone rang, she immediately felt Harold move his arms from her to pick up. She opened her eyes and watched as him answer. His face showed clear annoyance, but he kept his voice neutral as he spoke.

From what she picked up with the little Italian she knew, someone was at the gate and was asking for an audience with them. Harold hung up and turned to her.

"I'm guessing by that face that you don't know exactly who it is?" She asked.

"I do. It's Ayana Perros-Veno and her daughters Sophia, Hannah and Beatrice. There husband Enrique Perros is a prominent business man in Spain. I just don't know why they have come here. I haven't spoken to their family in 2 years" Harold explained whilst getting up.

"Why haven't you spoken?" Alison asked as she pushed herself up from her lying down position.

"Dispite Enrique coming from a mafia background, the family don't association with the underground. At the time we stopped speaking, I became fully integrated in the family as the heir" Harold walked round to help Alison to her feet as that become a struggle for her to do on her own.

"That makes sense" she said shrugging.

"The only thing confusing me is why the four ladies came and why Enrique and his son Lukas haven't come"

Harold lent down and kissed her before pulling away and kissing her temple.

"Why don't you start getting ready whilst I alert my father of the situation"

Alison nodded before kissing him and turning to get ready.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The couple walked down the stairs and towards the meeting rooms where the guest were being held. Alison was wearing a navy off shoulder dress and navy heels to mach. A simple outfit that still made her look professional in a sense.

Once the entered the meeting room, Alison saw four women. One older and 3 younger ones. They were all blond and whilst the older was big, the younger ones were tall and slim. Alison and Harold walked and sat down on the two thrones in the room.

The women turned to them and all bowed. In return, Harold nodded and motioned more them to stand up right again.

"Good morning Mrs Perros-Veno. Ladies"

"Good morning Mr Devine and ......" Ayana Perros-Veno stopped when she saw Alison.

"This is Alison Condè. My Donna and future wife" Harold said proudly. Alison gave them a smile and the ladies bowed.

"Yes, I herd about you getting a Donna and that you were expecting" Ayana said, giving a fake smile that everyone saw through.

"You being here is quite the surprise" he said, going straight to the point.