LXI

//Birthday bash//

35 Weeks

Today was the day. The day that Alison would go to her mothers birthday party.

And Alison wasn't excited. Some of her family from her mother's side would there and whilst they were better than her father's side, they could still be annoying and would, of course, pry into Alison's life, something which they never did when she under her father's custody. They only seemed to care about her now as she has a rich boyfriend.

Typical isn't it.

And she was nervous.  She was nervous about facing her mother. The last time they spoke was the day at the hospital, which was weeks ago.

Alison stood in front of the floor to ceiling mirror and looked at herself. At first, she hated her short hair but was slowly growing to like it. It had been curled into a Marilyn Monroe type of hairstyle but slightly longer. Due to her legs still being wrapped in bandages, wearing a short dress was out of the question, so she settled for a long floral dress that had no sleeves with brown flats.

She smiled before touching her bump. For most girls getting pregnant at 19 and having to drop out of college wouldn't be a good thing. But Alison found herself not caring about how others would feel because she was so happy.

Her eyes focused on her face and the scar left. She looked at it with a frown before making the decision to put foundation on. Usually she wouldn't put on makeup, but this was a time she had to. This scar was something she didn't want to have out on display for her family to question and pity her on.

"You look absolutely gorgeous" Harold said as his eyes raked her body. Alison turned around and smiled at his smooth talking.

"I look huge but thank you" She said as he walked up to her and held her hips.

"Nonsense, you looking too amazing to even put into actual words" Harold said before leaning down to kiss her. She smiled into the kiss before pulling away, but something felt off.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked, knowing her too well.

"It's just, seeing my mom again and us talking. It's not going to be easy. Especially now that I know the truth" she said, referring to Antonio finding out information about how her dad had gotten custody. He immediately tensed at what she referred to. It had been weeks since her and her mother came to blows but It was such a delicate subject that was painful for both of them.

Harold sighed as he saw a stray tear leave for but he quickly wiped it away. He brought her over to the sofa and sat her down before kneeling in front of her. His eyes went to her and he took her hand and kissed it softly.

"About your mother.... You know that I don't like her and would be more than happy if she wasn't in your life. But, my feelings towards her don't matter. She's your mother and speaking to her will probably bring up certain feelings, thoughts or memories. But holding it in isn't good for you. You need to tell her everything you feel and she will tell you how she feels. If you don't want a relationship with her after talking, I certainty won't complain considering how much stress she's put on you in the past. But if you do want  relationship with her, then I'll support you because all I want is for you to be happy and I'll try to get along with her" Harold said, his hands now on Alison's bump, rubbing it softy.

Alison let out a sigh before joining their hands together. "It won't be easy talking to her. She's so hard headed and stubborn"

"Trust me I say I agree. But, put yourself in her shoes. Imagine I had a normal job and we found out that our daughter had been kidnapped because her boyfriend  is in the mafia. Understanding something like that isn't easy and it scary... I'm not excusing her behaviour, but a small, very small" Alison laughed at that " part of me understands why she reacted the way she has"