XII

//My life means nothing without you//

It was a Friday and Halloween. Alison was at her mothers house for a couple of days. She sat at the kitchen Island eating some sweets as her mother baked some cookies for Halloween and was getting the sweet later for when children came.

Calesta (Alison's mum) was a very strong catholic and so was her husband but they thought it would be unfair if their kids didn't get to go trick or treating so they decided they would go trick or treating every other year. And this year they were going.

Alison sat there in her pyjamas - which were a black vest and grey pajama pants - as her and her mother talked about men.

"Well when I was with your farther I was drunk when we had your brother, and then I was drunk when I had you so I didn't really know what I was doing" Calesta explained.

"So your weren't attracted to him?"

"Well back then I was but now I do regret it. It was just a shame I lost my virginity to him......but I wouldn't have had it any other way"

"Why?"

"Because then I wouldn't have had you and your brother would I?". Alison smiled at her mom.

"In my experience, I've found myself attracted to white men more, but people are different. It just depends on the person and how they feel" Calesta said as her husband Blaine walked in wearing a tight white t-shirt and black shorts. Blaine walked in and got a apple before walking over to Calesta slapping her ass making her squeal and hit him on his chest. Blaine kissed Calesta before fist bumping with Alison and walking back to his study.

Blaine turned around and winked at Calesta and blowing a kiss. Alison laughed at her mom and her husband; wishing she would be as happy as them.

Calesta turned to her daughter and smiled softly. "What about you sweetie? How are you and the great Harold Devine?". Alison looked at her with wide eyes.

"How did you-"

"how did I know? Well Hope told me y'all went out on a date and that was the last I heard about it.... Now why didn't you tell me you had a fine piece of man like that in your life?" Calesta asked.

Alison signed and made a mental note to kill Hope when she got back.

"I dunno mom. I didn't want you to know until I was sure about stuff then I would have told you straight away".

Lies.

"Yeah and I'm Rihanna" Calesta said slightly glaring at her daughter.

The door bell rang making Calesta frown. "Huh that's strange. Nomally kids don't come until 8 and it only 4" Calesta said as she wiped her hands before going to get the door. Alison started to think about Harold. She then started to think about his letters to her. They were sweet. And they made Alison smile.

"Alison! Girl bring your ass down here!" Calesta screamed. Alison quickly went to her mother. "Yes mo..." Alison stopped mid sentence when she saw who was at the door.

And there he stood. The devil himself. Harold Devine.

He was wearing a black suit and a white dress shirt underneath with a green tie. He looked sexy. As always. His beautiful green eyes held many emotions that were well hidden as he watched Alison.

Harold felt his heart beat faster as he took in Alison's appearance.

How could one look so sexy even in Pyjamas? Harold asked himself.

He knew that this was taking it too far. Following Alison he her mums house; but he needed to see Alison. He needed to talk to her. They hadn't seen each each other in weeks and it was slowly killing him. He hoped that Alison had read his letters because it would make his visit seem worth while.