~ Chapter 30 ~

(A/N: Pls, don't hate me :P. Excited about your response though!)

Year: 3205

Military Academy

Grand Master Vulcano:
There was a moment of complete blindness after that flash-grenade. I couldn't see anything, but I could hear a blur. No matter how much I tried to get a glimpse of it, I couldn't because, one, I couldn't tell if my eyes were open or not because of the strong light, and second, it hurt to keep them open for a long period of time. I am the first one that manages to see anything when the light dies down. I see there are only two Elementals remaining, Ember and Rain. Blaze is gone. No matter where I look, she is nowhere to be seen. I look to my right and see Master Elemental Storm rub his eyes. When he looks at me, I see the same question on his face – what just happened?

The Two Elementals are still unconscious as Master Elemental Storm is making his way to me. "That was a flash-grenade." He says, still rubbing his eyes. "It's what the Martians use, specifically something they use to blind the opponent and gain an advantage." He goes on. I remember they used it on me when I was on Mars. They didn't use it for an advantage to kill me, but to run away, like cowards. "We didn't eliminate all of them. There is one lurking around these hallways." I answer as I look at the two Elementals. Ember is the first to start moving.

"Elemental Blaze is gone. I cannot reach her cognitively." I start to feel the rage boil inside of me. I hate when unforeseen things happen, things like this. "What do you want to do, Grand Master?" Master Storm asks after a moment. I look at the two across from us and know that Ember is the one that I want, the one that I need. "I am going make use of the one I need...and get rid of the other one." I go on as I take a moment to try and enter her mind. Ember is stronger and more persistent than Blaze ever was. I open my eyes and notice that she is looking right at me. She too, looks confused as to what just happened. More than anything, she looks angry.

"What did you do to her?" Of course, she will jump to the conclusion that I had anything to do with this, which for once, I did not. I give her half a smile. "That was Martian technology, Elemental. As much as I wish I thought of that to defeat you, I was not the one to use that grenade." I can tell right away that she does not believe me. "It does make you wonder, doesn't it? Did Blaze truly plan to take the two of you with her, or was her plan to leave on her own all along?" Rain is gaining consciousness as well. With the injuries he has sustained, it is a wonder how he is not dead already. I should admire his persistency to live, but I don't. "Stop with the mind-games!" She answers.

She wants to attack me right away, but she seems unable to. Her legs are hardly making it easy for her stand. It is as if the flash-grenade has drained her for energy. I'll admit, I feel a bit weaker than I would like to be, but I am standing comfortably and making my way towards her. "There is no mind-games, Elemental Ember. This one time, I'll admit that I had nothing to do with what just happened. It does however work to my advantage." As I stand above her, she is too covered in anger to be aware of my movement and I knock her down with a solid blow to the temple with my elbow.

Master Elemental Storm comes up next to me. "Put her comatose, deep comatose. It'll make it easier for me to manipulate her. There are things that she should know." Master Storm nods as he picks her up. Rain is barely coming to it as Storm picks her up and takes her away from Rain's grasp. "No..." He mumbles, but there isn't much else that he can do.

Rain:

When Master Elemental Storm picks her up and takes her away from me, there is nothing I can do. The Grand Master watches as his accomplice picks her up and then looks down on me. Our eyes meet. Earlier I noticed that Blaze was gone, which means nothing has gone to the plan we had. There is no reason for me to deny the possibility of what's going to happen next. At this point, I can barely keep my head up. I used all of my strength earlier when I used my element next to Blaze and Ember. There is nothing left: no escape, no one to save me, no plan to keep going.