~ Chapter 6 ~

Year: 3205

The Military Academy

Breeze:            
"I must've been interrupting a delicate conversation considering you turned quiet all so sudden..." Master Storm says as he looks back and forth between me and Blaze. Suddenly I get a little nervous because I don't know if she's going to spill what we just talked about or not. I look over at her to see if I can get an idea of what she'll do. "I don't know your definition of delicate, but clearly learning what your partner is making for a weapon...he says he isn't allowed to tell me..."

            Blaze then says and I find myself taking a deep breath. I look over at her and she looks at me, but I don't get much of an expression from her as Master Storm keeps his eyes on her. "Oh, that is delicate information around here. We assess your creativity and skills by the weapon. If you integrate someone else's idea, it's not truly your work alone..." I turn my head towards her a little too fast. "See? I told you there was a rule..." She plays along on it, but I have a feeling we haven't really managed to dodge the bullet. There is a dead Senior behind us after all.

            He walks right past us and bends down to check on him lying there. "So that was all? You have no idea why there's a dead Senior right behind you?" He asks. We both turn around before he looks up at us. "This looks like the work of a rather angry or frustrated Elemental of Fire. You wouldn't happen to know anything about this, would you, Blaze?" His tone is more assuming than questioning. I look over at Blaze, slightly clueless at what to say, while I find myself unable to come up with anything in her defense.

            "You are both terrible liars. I've seen liars in my time on the field, but you two are worse. There's a dead body behind you and nobody else is in this area..." I can feel his eyes bury into me as I try to keep my cool. He looks back on the Senior without sentiment before he turns his attention back on the two of us. "Well, I guess it's no shocker that this Senior has met the end of his days and you both know something about this. Start walking..." He says with his Master-authorative tone that we both follow without resistance. Blaze and I share a few looks at each other before he makes us look ahead.

            "Where are you taking us?" Blaze manages to utter as I barely turn towards her and catch a grin from Master Storm in the corner of my eye. I'm slightly unnerved. This is one of the times when I'm actually hoping for Aqú to pop up. Where is he when I actually need him? "Reason why I knew where to find you two is that the Grand Master foresaw something like this happening in one of these corridors. He wants to know how and why obviously..." He answers. "And a normal investigation won't suffice?" I ask as he looks at me intently. "You're both of particular interest to him, Elemental..."

            Blaze and I look at each other before we catch sight of the man himself walking around one of the corners in front of us. For some reason I find him looking a lot more intimidating and cunning than before he killed Senior Pool. I also notice how heavy and strained my breath is when I look at him. I'm trying to avoid eye-contact, but when it's a person this powerful, it's impossible. It's like he's pulling my eyes to face his and when they do, it's pretty obvious that we both know what the other one knows. I swallow slightly before I look over at Blaze who's even more curious now than before.

            "Master Storm, why don't you take Elemental Breeze for a walk? I'd prefer it if you took him back to his dormitory quarters as I have a word with his partner..." He suggests. I swallow as I look over at Blaze. For some reason her face is harder to read now than it's ever been. It's like she doesn't know what to think about being alone with him. I know what I feel about it when the Grand Master shows the way for Blaze to walk alongside him while Elemental Storm and I walk in the direction we originally were walking.