~ Chapter 18 ~

Year: 3205
At the Military Academy

Rain:
Every inch of my skin stings. This is the first time that I'm forced to recover from such intense flames. The main reason for that has been the strict rules back in the Northern Academy on Earth. What strikes me as curious in this place however is that now that my brother has gotten himself into serious trouble, the rules are bent. All of a sudden I'm expected to know how to fight back against the most intense flames I've ever seen...or in this case felt. I didn't know the power that Blaze had before now. I understand now that the Grand Master has a keen eye on her. He wants something out of her like my brother has suspected, but neither of us knows what.

Master Elemental Storm didn't waste time when he found me. I barely managed to crawl on my own four limbs. He knew that in one way or another, I had been involved with Blaze. Aqú and my brother managed to escape so the Grand Master chased after them. Master Elemental Storm was probably just patrolling the area in case anyone else was snooping around or left behind. The reason why I keep thinking these things is because he didn't bring me to the medical center like the rules dictate. He called a doctor, for sure, but Master Elemental Storm had him meet us in isolation, where I can't access my element and have no chance in defending myself.

"You have some very severe burns, Elemental." The doctor says, trying to get some small talk going while he tries to numb down the pain. The Master Elemental left the two of us a while back. He didn't say much to the doctor, and he probably knew that I wouldn't either. "Is that so? I didn't notice." I answer somewhat arrogant about it as the doctor shakes his head surrendered. What is actually bothering me right now is the shadow that I see by the opening of the door. I already know who it is. I've learned to recognize his shadow by now. I immediately turn a little uneasy. The doctor notices my change of expression.

"Grand Master! My apologies, I had no idea you were here." The doctor immediately says as he sees Grand Master Vulcano looking at me. "The Elemental's burns are quite extensive. Personally I would prefer to treat him at the medical center." He started, but stopped. The Grand Master dismissed the request without even saying a word. "This Elemental has been involved with some illegal activities, doctor. Before he earns the right to proper treatment, he has to provide me with some answers. I see you have looked at the more severe wounds..." The Grand Master answers. "Yes, Grand Master." The doctor answers. "Then you can leave us alone. I will send for you to come back when I am finished."

There's an awkward silence as the doctor gathers his things to leave the room. It feels like a small eternity, but I know it's the only time I get to brace myself for what is about to come. When it's just me and the Grand Master, I sense how my heart pounds in my chest. I know what he wants, and he knows what he wants. I almost sense a smile on his face as if he knows something I don't. "Your brother has caused a lot of trouble for you, Elemental Rain." He starts. "You wouldn't be sitting there, in pain, if it hadn't been for him." I look at him curiously for a moment. "And he wouldn't be wherever he is right now, if it wasn't for you I suppose..." I answer after a while. "I suppose the address to my title is in there somewhere..." He answers as his eyes intensifies.

Sure, I know he's the 'Grand Master'. How he has come to get to that title is beyond any reasoning I can come up with, and whenever he did reach that title, very few people seemed to know what he truly wanted out of it. What he actually wants is still a mystery, but I'm willing to bet my life that my brother will find out what that is. "You are thinking hard about your brother. His safety is the single most important thing on your mind...like it was for mine." He goes on. "That biological bond seems to have outweighed the human laws that were imprinted in your brain many years ago, especially in regards to report on suspicious activities..." He goes on in a graver voice.