Jaanvi claps her hand together in pure satisfaction. Woah, Jaan. Your brain is faster than lightening.

He halts and stares at her intensely. Jaanvi never failed to nark him. "If my eyes could kill, you'll be in hell right now, without a proper funeral." She unzips her pursed lips in insult. Everyone deserves a proper funeral.

"Are you dumb? Do you think I'm stupid enough to say that to my mother only to have her kill me with her bare hands? Not bare probably with a rolling pin." Jaanvi doesn't wince at the thought of him being hit by a rolling pin so he add, "Our one's made of marble so it'll hurt like hell." He completely went off topic about the rolling pin.

Besides, she knows I never dated anyone. But Jaanvi doesn't need to know that.

"So you agree that you're stupid but not just 'as' stupid as others." She smiles to herself remembering his words, "Why does it matter if the rolling pin is made of marble? You'll get hurt anyways. Now think of something." She mutters angrily remembering they're discussing something important.

"Idea." she grins brightly, "Say that you have AIDS. Yes say that!" She actually jumps holding his shoulders in jubilation, "Just say you don't want to ruin my life. Great, sorted. Go inside, cry a little. You know emotional blackmail? Yeah do that and your safe from me." She pushes him to the door when he jerks her hand away.

"What have I done so bad to you that you want me to say that? First getting someone pregnant and now AIDS! Are you okay? Why don't you say to your dad that you're pregnant? Or that you love someone else?" He folds his arms across his chest looking at her, her smile vanishes.

She doesn't actually love someone? Does she? God I hope not. There's no one capable enough to handle her as much as I can.

"Are you dumb? I'm not married. What will my dad think of me?" She returns, "Plus he won't believe it because I tell him everything. He knows I don't like anyone and that I'm single. In fact, he knows how much I hate you so he's most likely expecting an excuse from me to get out of this mess." She lowers her eyes hopelessly.

"Then why did you suggest me this, huh? You think saying this to my mom is easy?" He roars being antagonize.

"Shut up, okay?" She continues walking around the garden, "A girl can't say this. Least not to her father." Her voice barely audible.

"Why do you hate me?" Kiaan asks again following her around, "Let me guess, because I'm hot and attractive but I don't even look at you." He smirks.

She chuckles making his smirk disappear, "What are you doing right now Mr Over confident? You're looking at me." She snaps, "Why can't you just say you hate me?"

Rolling his eyes he moves in front of her, "Like I didn't do that already. In their opinion, we're 'perfect' for each other, we just need to understand each other. I said not twice but thrice to differ them but they wouldn't listen. Mom's too excited to make you her daughter-in-law plus—" he stops talking.

She gazes at his face, all she could see was sadness. Now that's different.

"Plus what?" Jaanvi questions thoughtfully. Her mouth goes dry—no trace of her saliva—because of his expressions. Kiaan was always charming with his nature so this was different.

"She's a heart patent. I don't want to harm her or cause and problems. We just need to along with this Jaanvi, I know we hate each other and trust me the feeling is mutual but I can't say no. If you do then I'm fine with it, but I can't. Not for my mom's sake. I'm sure you can understand how it feels to lose your mum." His voice was clear, it really grips how much he cares about his mother's health. Walking away from her he just prayed that he wouldn't marry this stubborn cat.