2 - World War Three

Start from the beginning

He admired that. And perhaps still will. He reckons she's still the same.

Rashi walks out of the kitchen with a tray of snacks and tea like a typical Indian young woman would do if the groom's family had come to see her for wedding proposal. She smiles warmly at the Rajput family but her smile turns extra sweet—sugary—once her eyes land on the—now—twenty-five year old Dhruv.

He looks even hotter than before to her with his fresh shaven face and unselfish eyes. His mysterious nature—the kindness—adds a bonus. He feels her eyes on her so he looks up. Dhruv didn't want to come across rude so he smiles before averting his eyes from her, Rashi blushes. He smiled back.

"This is my daughter Rashi" Juhi said smiling at everyone. Pride lingers thickly like a thick cake batter.

Their sister's voice takes the attention in the room, "Wow, you've lost weight. Nice." Kajal points out rudely. She doesn't like Rashi from childhood. Kajal has noticed the way Rashi looked—and still does—at her brother, Dhruv, as if he's a piece of meat and not a human being.

"Kajal." Dhruv warns sternly in her ear. His voice a whisper. Kajal never likes people quickly, not Rashi or Jaanvi for sure. Jaanvi because she would say nasty things to her elder brother, Kiaan.

The families talked for some time before Jaanvi's grandma asked Rashi to call Jaanvi out. Padding towards Jaanvi's room was a big task for Rashi. She knew Jaanvi didn't want to come out. Opening the door she saw her cousin wearing a black kurta and doing her hair.

"Di," she smiles hesitantly, "Come downstairs." (Sister)

"Why? Did they bring more cake?" Jaanvi asks licking her lips imagining the taste of her favourite cake. It was hard to believe she had cake last night. All alone.

An idea popped in Rashi's head, "Yeah, come on! Or else Aditi and Jay will finish it."

"That's why those idiots aren't here." She gritted her teeth walking out her bedroom, "And Aditi told me she's on the phone with her mum." She skips down the stairs, oblivious to the guests sitting in her living room watching her. All she could think of was cake. Her love. First love.

"Where's my cake Rashi?" Jaanvi modestly asks seeing no sight of any cake on the dining table. "Rash—" she spins around. Her voice trails off, her mouth left hanging open in shock and eyes peering at him murderously.

Anyone could tell he was Kiaan. His face hadn't changed much except his features were more defined and stronger now.

"HE!" She points at him but lowers her accused finger as soon as she earns a glare from her chachi. "Oh, it's him, my childhood great friend. Wow." She sarcastically speaks walking towards them trying not to kill him with her bare hands. (Aunty)

"Get it? Friend? As in Enemy" Dhruv laughs whispering to Kiaan. I'm going to love this.

"Mutual feelings." He mumbles back to his brother. His eyes snobbishly narrow at her showing the same level of annoyance. But his heartbeats slowed—they took their time—seeing her.

"Oh Jaanvi, you're so beautiful!" Roshni compliments dearly with a motherly voice. Fresh honey touches her voice. The women has the most fruity and honest voice ever. The one that sounds genuinely pleased with everything. She stands up and hugs her late best friends only child.

Until she opens her mouth. Kiaan thought, rolling his eyes at his mother affectionate behaviour. She would hardly hug him unless if it was his birthday or something big and over here she was hugging his enemy.

"Aunty you're so beautiful too, how did you give birth to a pig." She mutters the last word quietly to herself.

"Birth to who?" Kiaan demands strictly, his immaculate eyebrow shoots up at her.