Vanilla's Story Chapter 2

"Grr, none! B-but how!? There has to be at least another kitten," Vanilla padded around the room and set her paws on the recliner in an attempt to get up. She kicked and jumped but she couldn't climb on. She struggled to get up then she finally got up. She let out a giant puff of air.

Yes! I did it finally! As soon as she curled up and closed her eyes a man came stomping through the room. He picked her up off the recliner, set her on the floor, and turned on the T.V, then started shouting at the football game. Ugh! I just got up there too!

Vanilla started meowing at the man. "Hey mister! Just what do you think you're doing huh? I was there first!"

He looked down at the tiny kitten meowing at him and got up he walked away.

"That's right mister just keeping walking," Vanilla stood tall proud of her work. "Well my work here is done," She jumped up onto the recliner this time with ease. Then Coffee padded in and pushed her off.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing!? Hello?!"

"For your info I am going to lay here, and you're going to stay down there."

"Don't make me angry, I'm warning you!"

"Oh no! The tiny kitten is going to poke me with her tail, that is why I'm shivering from so much fear," He laughed sarcastically. "Yes, I'm so scared of you I forgot to scream."

"O-oh yeah, um.. well you'll be screaming like a squirrel when I'm through with you!"

"Uh huh, yep so scared," Coffee padded away mrowing with laughter.

Vanilla muttered to herself "Oh he thinks he owns this place. Well guess what. There's a new cat in town!"

Vanilla stomped over to Bean and prodded her side.

"Bean! Bean, come on get up!"

"Huh w-what is it Vanilla?" Bean said annoyed by Vanilla waking her.

"Bean it's Coffee!"

"W-what about Coffee?!" Bean immediately sat up and looked at Vanilla.

"H-he, um.. I was on the recliner then he pushed me off. These were his exact words." Vanilla started mimicking Coffee.

"For your info I am going to lay here, and you're going to stay down there."

"Ugh, I'll tell him to leave you alone. Will that make you happy?"

"Thanks Bean! You're awesome!"

Bean padded away. Coffee appeared and trotted in front of Vanilla.

"Coffee! B-but how?!"

"Easily. I just hid while you were talking to Bean," He sat and curled his tail around his paws. "Now about that, I don't think that you'll be um let's see what's the word?. Oh yeah, taking over my house. Okay? Okay," He got up and whispered in Vanilla's ear. "Now Bean will not know about this or else."

Vanilla felt like bursting into tears right there. She held them back, then she had the strangest feeling ever. It rushed from the tip of her tail to her nose. She got chills down her spine. She immediately felt more confident in herself than she had ever felt before. She turned to Coffee.

"No!"

Coffee was padding away then stopped in his tracks.

"What did you say?"

"I um. I said no!"

"Um you need to stop!"

Vanilla looked at Coffee and stood proudly her shoulders and head held high.

"I said no!"

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Now Vanilla count the number of cats here."

Vanilla counted in her head Okay, there's Coffee and me and Bean. So that's three cats.

"Three!"

Coffee unsheathed his claws and started padding over to Vanilla.

"Very good, now we want to keep three as the number and not two," Coffee was closer to Vanilla. He had his tail fluffed out. Vanilla heard a growl deep from his throat. She instantly unsheathed her claws and arched her back, she was prepared for combat. Coffee lunged at Vanilla she jumped and landed on Coffee's back. Coffee knew just what to do.

He flipped over on his back. Vanilla was being crushed under the tom's weight. Her instinct was to go limp. Coffee felt her go limp. He got up and growled even louder knowing she was still alive. She opened her eyes only to see Coffee lung at her again. Coffee pinned down Vanilla and mrowed with laughter as the tiny kitten struggled to escape Coffee's massive paws. He brought his head close to her and smiled.

"Now, Vanilla this is what happens when you mess with me and my home," He prepared to bite the puny kit.

"No, please Coffee!"

Coffee lunged for the kit's neck. Vanilla's vision blurred then faded out. Darkness was all that was left. The light that once protected her was now gone.