Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11

::: When we got in the car, Hit The Quan was playing loudly. Ironically, Quan turned to it.

Meagan quickly looked back at Quan who was singing along. "Who told you to change my song?" She narrowed her eyes at him.

"You said make yourself at home," he shrugged, moving his arms so he could dance.

"Boy, don't you know to never touch a black woman's radio?" She said with wide eyes. I laughed because she sounded just like Chris Tucker from Rush Hour. "You lucky this my song, though," she said, before singing along.

I shook my head at their craziness, but chuckled, "Let's check out Mr.Jay's bar."

"Y'all gonna drive when y'all was just drinking?" Quan asked us and shook his head in disappointment. "Might as well let me drive."

"Boy, ain't nobody drink. I don't even drink," I told him. "And don't smile too hard, you know Meg ain't letting you behind these wheels."

"Sho'l ain't!" Meagan butted in as she pulled away from the curb.

"Whatever, let's just go get something to eat. I'm hungry," Quan whined.

"Anquan, we are going to eat right after we are through with this," Meagan told him sternly, irritated with his irritation.

"Aight, man, whatever," he muttered, stuffing his earphones in his ear and turning to the window.

This bar was just down the street from the other bar and wasn't what we expected. It was dirty and rusted up, looking old and abandoned.

The "Mr. Jay's Bar" sign looked old and rusty and was hanging half way off of the building, nearly falling off of its hinges.

There wasn't even a door, only a frame!

I wonder what happened to this bar. It looked like something tragic happened, suddenly leaving it...abandoned.

"Dang," Meagan said in awe as she stared at the building. "I guess this bar isn't an option."

"No. Wait," I said before she tried to pull off.

I don't know why, but I still wanted to check it out. The bar looked like it was once something but now...nothing. It looked so intriguing to me.

"I want to still check it out," I told her with a small smile.

"Really?" She asked me with both her eyebrows raised, a disgusted look on her face.

"Yeah, I mean, it ain't nothing to do anyways," I told her.

"I mean, we could eat..." Quan butted in.

"Boy!" We both looked back at him quickly. "Anyways, are you sure, Destiny?" Meagan looked at me.

I started to get out of the car. This is basically not a bar anymore so it's okay if Quan came in. I know he's probably tired of sitting in the car all day, anyways. I know I would.

"Quan, do you wanna come in?" I asked him. He nodded.

The three of us started walking towards the old building. When we got to the door--or the frame, I cautiously glanced around to see if it was safe to go inside.

It could be a crazy, drunk, murderous homeless person living inside this place and I wouldn't even know it; and when we step inside, he would bust our heads with a damn beer bottle. Except he wouldn't care if he bashed it and cut his finger (unlike me in my epic imagination earlier) because he was on a killing spree.